West Palm and Blue Herron Bridge Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What a shock we had today. Several people dove West Palm today and it is one big disappointment. Temps were not bad. Vis would have been better at Venice! In other words there was no vis! It was so bad at 80 ft I thought I was in TAR! There was a RIPPING current and the reefs are covered with sand. At one point we thought they had dropped us at the wrong place. NO the reefs are a mess from Fraces.

It is even worse at Blue Herron Bridge. The park is closed and no one is allowed near the water. There are boats everywhere rammed against the bridge upside down and sideways. The water is BLACK! It makes me really sick! It is so sad.

There is a sandbar that was not there before!

This is almost a month ago. I don't think our beautiful coral reefs will ever be same!

:crying: that's just terrible !!!!!

I did not have to go in the water to see the damage to the shore reefs. The light tan colored water goes WAY WAY out. There are skeletons of urchins, scorpin fish and even one very large grouper laying on the beach. I found quite a bit of tar on the beach which has not been that common here at least for the past year and half that I have been walking these beaches. The entire beach itself is about 15' lower that it was pre hurricane. The water is very cold on my toes and a milky color which just a guess bt to me is a indicator that the powers that be are releasing the water fresh water into the ocean. I will wait until it clears up to dive some of the local spots to see what is still around. I am very anxious to dive fort pierce to sebastian to sight see after that much sand has been moved around :crafty: :eyebrow:

Eric

dive4funOften:
What a shock we had today. Several people dove West Palm today and it is one big disappointment. ........

I'll echo that. Went out with Jim Abernathy Saturday morning. Sand everywhere.. I saw a barrel sponge that was about a foot tall and was loaded with sand to the top. Lots of busted coral and very few tropicals around. It looks a lot like the damage the trees took topside.

Bob

does anyone know how long before it will clear my ow dives are going to be oct. 2-3 somewhere in west palm beach don't know where the boat leaves from but i hope we can see.

been waiting for the class now looks like i got to do them in the dark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom