West Palm Beach, Singer Island, need info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you have your recommendations for diving, but as far as the rest of your question...Singer Island is basically residential housing, motel/hotels, a shopping strip, a few restaraunts, and a nice beach area. That's about it. If you want to do anything more than those things will provide, you will need to leave the island. A car would probably be a very wise investment.

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean Pointe two years ago and it was very nice. My only complaint was the tap water. Apparently there is alot of tannin in the ground water and so when we filled up the jacuzzi tub, it looked like it was full of Mountain Dew because of the bright green color and it had a sulphur smell. A small annoyance in an otherwise outstanding facility.

That part of Singer Island is nice, but you will want to have a car to get around. As I remember, there some shopping and restraurants within walking distance along the beach, but there is so much in the area that you will want to explore.

As far as diving, we went to the dive shop located at the east side of the Blue Heron bridge. We rented some tanks from them and dove under the Blue Heron bridge a couple of times. It is a decent shore dive, very shallow and if you time it just right at high tide, there is usually pretty good visibility. We also did some dives off of a dive boat we arranged through the shop, I believe it was Dive Solutions, but I'm not certain. They were over at the Riviera Beach Marina, not far from the bridge and directly across from Singer Island. We dove several sites including the Breakers. Diving off of WPB is drift diving with good to excellent visibility and plenty to see.

They have good diving there. Just be careful before you go over the bridge that crosses the bay which is about 250 yrds wide, Riviera Bch is a very dangerous place with lots of drug dealers. crime and ugly hookers...I'm not kidding! You do not want to drive down the wrong street in the day and at night I would be very careful.

Ugly hookers??? Hey listen bub - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Somebody finds them gorgeous.
On the Tenneco Towers dive - Pro Dive is a cattle boat. Dive with Todd on American Dream II. There will people on the boat, not screaming hordes.

www.oceanquestscuba.com

Sandy, Vicki and their crew are the best! When you dive on Sandy's boat you'll also be diving with locals which pretty much sums it up. They've been around and they know who to dive with. Everyone there is great and really make you feel like family. Sandy's Sunday is the way to go for sure!!!!

My husband and I are heading down to WPB and want to dive, dive, dive. Anybody have an idea about an op that can accomodate us? We've emailed many of the listed dive operators in the area, and they are either off on Mon 7/31-Fri 8/4, full, or only running a single 2- tank trip.
We thought of supplementing our one trip a day with muck diving at the Phil Foster Bridge - is that kind of a sketchy area in the evenings/nighttime?

one other thing: we also are considering driving 45 minutes each way daily to dive with Dixie Divers since it looks like they run 3 trips a day and we can squeeze some major diving into our 5 days off this summer.
Any thoughts?

erdoc1:
My husband and I are heading down to WPB and want to dive, dive, dive. Anybody have an idea about an op that can accomodate us? We've emailed many of the listed dive operators in the area, and they are either off on Mon 7/31-Fri 8/4, full, or only running a single 2- tank trip.
We thought of supplementing our one trip a day with muck diving at the Phil Foster Bridge - is that kind of a sketchy area in the evenings/nighttime?

If you can do the cattle boat trips out of WPB then do a day or two trip south,to a berg called Boynton Beach! not a bad drive early or start early and take A-1A the old road down and see the views!
Boyton Beach area is not the tourist trap due to no major hotels! so the divers are mostly local,or folks in the know!
there are several fine opps that run out of the marina and my pick would be Splashdowndivers
www.splashdowndivers.com
nice boat,nice shop,nitrox for quick SI's
great staff,dive some nice wrecks and major nice reefs! lots of sea life!
on thing not sure if you fly or drive as weekends they tend to run two trips,but try the area at least one day you will enjoy and you will go back that is for sure!
and DD would be a choice but traffic can be well ouch!!!!!!!! 45 min can be a over a hour!
Dive safe,
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom