Wet gloves for dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear 5mm wet glove from scubapro keeps my hand worm. they are a little tuff to get on after they have gotten wet but woke well on my Mobby's Twin shell DS. i HAVE HAD THEM ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 43*F water temps.

The Henderson Hyperstretch gloves are excellent. I found that my dexterity was still very good with the 5mm version of the gloves. Fairly easy to remove, too. They just roll off.

You really should consider drygloves. My dive buddies can't say enough good things about the DUI zipgloves, but they are quite expensive. I have a Bare drysuit with the Viking Bayonet dryglove system (friction-mount to regular latex wrist seals). My dexterity in the drygloves with appropriate glove liner is very similar to the dexterity I have while wearing 3mm wet gloves. YMMV. My hands simply work better when they are warmer.

I wear the Henderson Insta-dry 3 mil gloves, I find them to be warm enough for me to get 40 minutes in about 40 degree water and I really don't loose any dexterity. I prefer the wet gloves to dry gloves, but I do wear dry gloves early and late in the season.

Well, I went to another dive center which I didn't notice on the list of dealers for 4th Element and got myself some 3mm gloves...pretty happy right now. Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. :)

Last report I heard said 45 degree water. Brrrr

My dexterity in the drygloves with appropriate glove liner is very similar to the dexterity I have while wearing 3mm wet gloves. YMMV. My hands simply work better when they are warmer.
Same here!

Even a flooded dry glove is about as warm as a 3mm glove since there typically isn't any water exchange. <Geee I think I heard Ben say that before :popcorn:

Let us know how you like them after trying them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom