Wetsuit Colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Why do most wetsuits come in such boring colors i.e black with neon highlights? Is there any company that offers more interesting color patterns?

Gidds:
Why do most wetsuits come in such boring colors i.e black with neon highlights? Is there any company that offers more interesting color patterns?

Be careful, I have seen some people in patterned suits that looked like a rainbow threw-up on them.....

Black is boring, I refuse to wear pink, I hear large groupers like neon yellow, and neon orange is referred to as "yum yum yellow" for a good reason. I suppose I like my blue suit but how about green, purple or red? At least in a red suit they could find me more easily if lost at sea...How about a fish scale patterned suit?

If color is what you want, than custom is one option to look at. Try looking at Liquid-Fit or Aquaflite for starts.

thinkin' back to HS...remember those annoying mood rings that were all the rave? now there's an idea...wetsuits that change color with your mood? :33: any investors out there?

Remember the color-changing shirts as well? Ummm those mood rings are based on temp. I see that posing embarassing consequences depending on the diver :wink:

I see that posing embarassing consequences depending on the diver

...guess who's peeing in their suit!

For cold water suits my wife has worked with Liquidfit and Atlan. Atlan had by far the best color selection in 7mm materials. She went with a Royal Blue, yellow and pink suit that she likes and is easy to spot!

This is in the worls of Customs. Both of the mentioned companies also offer stock sizes but I don't know how brave they are about stocking them in bold colors.

www.atlaninc.com
(Their site is down at the moment)

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom