Wetsuit compression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7mm farmer john is a lot of neoprene, I dive with a similar suit sometimes. Mine is about 32 lbs buoyant at the surface, I've tested it. Result is that you'll need a lot of weight, make sure you pay attention to your buoyancy check.

Thanks to all! When I am wearing the 14mm, I do feel a bit like the michelin man.

I am realizing that you can think about it all you want, but you actually learn how to do it by being in the water and practicing. My buoyancy was horrendous the first confined dive, but on the 3rd one, I was rocking the fin pivot, and able to control things a lot better.

I find it a little freaky to think that during my OW dives I will have likely more than 25 lbs on the belt.

Is it normal to be addicted already? I am so hooked!

Is it normal to be addicted already? I am so hooked!

Yup abandon all hope...soon you'll be working two jobs to feed your habit. Your eyes will glaze over at the mention words like Belize or Roatan. Shoe shopping will mean different thicknesses of dive booties. And having a dry suit sure won't mean staying out of the rain.
But don't worry too much, you'll find addicts like yourself all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom