Wetsuit needed for Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCal water temps at depth (~60 fsw) range from the low-50s (°F; winter) to the mid-60s (summer).

Wetsuit

Summer: 7mm full + Thick hood + Gloves + Booties
Winter: 7mm full + Hooded Vest + Gloves + Booties

Once you get a drysuit, you'll be wearing it for most of the year.
Drysuit diving will give you more diving opportunities (night diving, repetitive boat diving, winter diving, etc.).
Nowadays I only use my 7mm wetsuit when snorkeling. :D

I usually dive in NoCal and use 7mm Farmer John & boots, a 7/5 cold water hood, and 5mm gloves all year round.

When I go to SoCal I just zip down the jacket while diving to cool off, been known to get back from a dive take off my jacket and get back in the water for a bit while everyone else is trying to warm up.

Bob
-------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I use a 7/8mm intergrated hood, boots and 5mm gloves. Laguna has been 52F at 40FT in March. It was 57F in Dec... Two weeks ago as we were coming out, we saw a group of 3 on the beach getting ready to go in. One of the 3 was in a spring suit and no hood. We told him the temp, 52F. I think it is dangerous diving in 52F without a proper suit. I would have told him he could not dive today. Perhaps I'm just being too cautious but that is what my gut was telling me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom