Wetsuit recommendations for USVI in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommed, look forward to seeing you in February! Your 4/3 will be more than adequate, especially if you are wearing it in NE in 65 degree water. Most divers coming here wear either a 3mm shortie, a 3mm full or even just a skin.

If you happen to get chilly we (Chris Sawyer) have 5mm shorties that are available at n/c for our divers. The water now has been in the low 80's/ upper 70's. By February you can expect about the same, athough I'd lean to the low 80's side.

Do join us for the Rhone. It's a two tank dive in which we dive the deeper bow section first (78 ft) than the shallower reef part by black rock. The second section is a max depth of 60 ft but for the most part is around 35-40 feet.

On the bow section (1st dive) we'll swim through the wreck, a huge opening with lot's or marine life inside. A few weeks ago, my wife (also an instructor at Chris Sawyer) saw a huge hawksbill turtle hanging out inside, her group loved it.

On the second dive we'll check out the galley with some of its tiles still in place as well as the engine crank shaft, mizen mast and the 6ft tall propellers.

Don't forget to bring your passport or a birth certificate/photo ID as you'll need it to get into the BVI's. We take care of clearing customs so all you have to do is sit on the boat as one of our captains retells the fatefull day the RMS Rhone went down.

Chris

Once again thanks to all for your posts. Chris, my wife and I are looking forward to our dives with you. See you in February!

Lived on St Coix and have dived all three islands.....3 mil shorty will be more than adequate for any "snow birds"

Chris Sawyer runs the best operation of all three islands.....and make sure you get a photo CD from Staci.....(she's the one with the big smile)

Diving with them in 2 weeks....sure beats a dry suit, 40 degree water and no vis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom