What a great buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
hey O-ring, you better un-jinx yourself before our class in July. I'm gonna be piiiiisssssed off if we get blown out then!
I think you can't get blown out down there...at least that was what I thought one of the draws to FL and caves was.. If you can get blown out, and I am there, we probably will be :D

O-ring once bubbled...

You CA people are crazy...put down the beansprouts and guacamole and get to the dive shop for a hood!

LOL guac, yes. beansprouts?, hell no!! hahaha

if you're wearing a hood you can't hear what the fish are sayin' ya fool.

O-ring once bubbled...

I think you can't get blown out down there...at least that was what I thought one of the draws to FL and caves was.. If you can get blown out, and I am there, we probably will be :D

actually I heard they are having problems with flooding now aren't they?

hmmm, the water was 56, but we dive wet, unlike you wusses in your nice warm dry suits.:D

plus, she wasn't wearing a hood, which was the only complaint I heard.:wink:

punkasses

-M

WTF...dry-suit....what the hell is that???? Don't own one...but badly want one....anyone got a grand they're willing to donate?

Plus...I'm surprised O-ring didn't respond to that...I figured that was good for a rise of some kind

Yeah, maybe I was thinking of diving in the springs being blowout proof and not the caves..

hmmm, the water was 56, but we dive wet, unlike you wusses in your nice warm dry suits.:D

punkasses
-M
Ok, Big-T: tag me, I'm in :D
Yesterday's temperature at Silver Islet was a balmy 35 (surface) and 37 at 25 feet. Drysuit? What drysuit? But at least I had a hood (and an equally insane buddy - air T was only around 40-43F with a bit of wind). Soooo, who's the wuss? :mean:

cat once bubbled...

Yesterday's temperature at Silver Islet was a balmy 35 (surface) and 37 at 25 feet. Drysuit? What drysuit? But at least I had a hood (and an equally insane buddy - air T was only around 40-43F with a bit of wind). Soooo, who's the wuss? :mean:

now that's just plain nuts. :cold:

-M:wink:

cat once bubbled...

O.K...I'll admit, I have seen sub-40 on my temperature gauge twice...I was not a happy camper either time and went back above the thermocline....you Great White Northerners are a little thicker skinned than me..kudos to you for that.

Uh, no. That honour belongs to the "polar bear" swimmers, who go into slurpee-like water WITHOUT the 14mm of wetsuit. Brrrr!
Bottom of a lake is often going to be 39F/4C below the thermocline anyways. I've made the mistake of diving from a platform (ie swimsuit, no wetsuit) through a thermocline in the summer. Now *that's* chilly! Low air T and wind are the big enemies for me - dove successive weekends in water that was essentially the same temperature (ie barely liquid) but the warmer air T down south last weekend made things a lot easier both before and after the dive.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

O.K...I'll admit, I have seen sub-40 on my temperature gauge twice...I was not a happy camper either time and went back above the thermocline....you Great White Northerners are a little thicker skinned than me..kudos to you for that.
Hmm, there's also all those who ice dive in wetsuits- now they're the toughest of us all.
Hmm, I guess I should be glad you didn't say "thick headed" instead of "thick skinned", even though I'm betting you were thinking it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom