What about a hoseless regulator config?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711:
OK... I've seen a lot of posts saying things like "I like my Air2 because it's one less hose I need" or "I got a hoseless computer because it's less clutter."

I've been doing some serious pondering on the ultimate in streamlining, and getting rid of all these nasty hoses. It's redundant, easy to transport, and get this:

I've managed to get a gear configuration down to ZERO hoses!

OK - you may be saying to yourself, "Self - how does he do that! I'm getting all excited! With my split fins and no hoses, I'll be able to go Mach3 underwater! Look out fish and coral - I'm coming through!"

Well... here's the secret. Forget tanks. Forget regulators. Forget hoses... the wave of the future is... an ammo belt.

I'm going to take a leather belt full of loops - rather like an ammo belt for very large ammunition - and fill it full of Spare Airs.

No SPG needed... I can just swim along, and as it empties, I can replace it with my next Spare Air. No tanks on my back... no hoses... full and complete redundancy. To heck with carrying double tanks - I'm carrying 30 or 40 tanks!

If my buddy runs out of air, I can just hand him 3 or 4 of those suckers, like underwater candy.

What do you all think?

Cousteau Jr.: Dad, what do they call diving with zero hoses?

Cousteau Sr.: Snorkeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom