What Attracted you In the First Place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off, Johnathan -- I hear ya when it comes to Skiing, but having just got back from Whistler I can say: Don't even consider sacrificing those slopes! :wink: There's always time for both.

As far as what got me started with diving -- when I arrived at UCLA as freshman I saw the OW class offered in the Rec Center catalog and after all those hours watching the Discovery Channel's Shark Week, I thought "Cool". It took me until my senior year but I finally did it. Thought it would be an experience that few ever get to enjoy. The funny thing is now that I'm certified, I've been talking about it with co-workers only to find out that many of them are too! More people to dive with! Oh ya and.. it was a good excuse to hang out with my girlfriend (we took the class together).

I was snorkeling in Key Largo one year in college while we were on Spring Break, and there was a group of divers from another boat not too far from us. My immediate thought was "this sucks, I want to be down there where they are." As soon as we got back I called a LDS and signed up for OW class.

Just kidding! Although it was a factor....

Last summer, my partner was trying to think of something "interesting, different, fun and do-able together" that she could give me for my Birthday. She suggested scuba, and I said "Sure!" thinking it would be one of those things we say we want to do, but never get around to. Next thing I know she has all this info from the LDS, and I'm really excited.
We already had plans for 2 warm water vacations (Caribbean in December and Tahiti in March), so being able to scuba would make them that much more fantastic.

Now I suffer withdrawl if I don't visit the LDS at least weekly! This is the first time in my life I haven't enjoyed winter - I want to be in the water!

Scuba-sass :)

I like being told I'm crazy! Especially when I'm exicted about going diving in Jan!! Really, one can only stand on the seawall so many times and watch others go diving before you NEED to go along. For me that was 3-4 times.

I've always loved water sports and I promised my daughter I would give up sky diving. It freaked her out too much:baby: . So....I figured I would try scuba diving, how different could that be right??? Duh...I miss the rush of sky diving but I love finding things in the ocean and lobster season - well need I say more???? :gator:

Brothers & Sisters of The Underwater Realm,
Brizzolatti,

During respite from noble conquest and in the age of discovery my life travel caused me to open my eyes beneath the surface.
A new world to explore! New things to admire!

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Growing up on Lake Superior, I always had a love for water. My dad threw me in the backyard pool when I was 3, and said I did better that the fishes. I've always loved to swim, and scuba was just a nautral progression. Now I love exploring and checking out things that 99% of the world will never see....... plus I love the peace and quiet......:cool:

Back
Top Bottom