What BC and reg do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro Knighthawk BC; Atomic M1 for open water. DSS Pro-Fit Adjustable Back Plate Harness with LCD Wing; Zeagle Flathead VI regulator for technical.

I used
BC-Seacsub pro2000 - recreational
Reg- Oceanic Omega 2 - recreational
Halcyon Explorer 40lb - tec
Reg - Mk25/s600 Apeks atx200 - tec

Reg - whatever is available in the rentals at my LDS
BC - 6lb SS backplate, Oxycheq 50lb wing (yea yea, i only dive singles with a 50lb wing. sue me :D But i will also use it for doubles when i get to that point)

Halcyon eclipse and Scubapro M25AF/ S600

BC: Oceanic Chute 3 - I'm liking it a lot as i just bought it a couple months ago... I've only done about 10 dives on it, but it's very comfortable albeit somewhat bulky for travel.

Reg: US Divers Conshelf 21 - I'm happy with it as it's served me problem-free (knock on wood) for 12 years... it's so simple to maintain, I've talked myself out of upgrading to something more complicated (read: more expensive to fix when it breaks).

Reg - Atomic B2
BC - Seaquest Pro QD +

I love the Atomic reg for several reasons. The second stage swivel provides great flexibility which can be utilized in many different applications. Its very small and lighweight. It breathes as effortlessly inverted at 100fsw as it does at 15fsw. It only has to be serviced every two years. With other regs, Ive always had to replace the mouthpiece....not with the B2. The B2's factory moutpiece is suprisingly comfortable and gives you plenty of control over the second stage. The exhaust ports are wide, and thus there is no bubble interference. Its just a great regulator.

As for the Pro QD BCD, I cant really give a fair evaluation yet, as I just acquired it. Thus far though, I like its stability and comfort, as well as the snap-loks on the integrated weights...and the swivel snaps on th shoulders. It has grommeted holes above the pocket for attaching a knife, but I havent done that yet. Theres also a small pocket area where you mount retractor....havent done that yet either, but I plan to.

BCD: Zeagle Ranger (Can't beat it. My BCD gets abused all the time and the only problem I have is a zipper tab broke.)

REG: AGA with (OTS) comms

BC: Sherwood Avid

Pros - Great weight integration, double straps to hold tank, rugged yet comfortable
Cons - none i can see other than not being able to do doubles, tech, etc.

Reg: Sherwood Blizzard

Pros - very rugged and durable, easy to service, cold-water features
Cons - a bit of a tough breather when deeper than 100ft

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom