What c-card do you show on vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only carry my AOW card when I travel. My Nitrox too if needed.
Just keepin it simple.

Quarrior:
I'll usually show my Underwater Pumpkin Carving Specialty.

I did that last Fall here in Alberta, but I didn't get a Cert out of it. Obviously I need more practice and classroom time to get the specialty.:D

attachment.php

SparticleBrane:
In my NAUI Rescue book, just about every other sentence talks about how you have NO duty to act whatsoever.
Do you know why it says that?

To the OP--I show the instructor card.

I show my rescue or advanced card. I carry my Nitrox for when I need it. I quit showing my DM card since I quit being a working and insured DM.

ChrisA:
Nitrox is the only card that anyone ever cares to ask about. It's the one to keep handy.
============================

Funny that you would mention that. Last 2 Nekton trips when they asked for my C-Card and looked at me digging out one of my various cards they said ..."Oh that Nitrox one will be fine "

'Slogger

stardust:
If they "know your ratings," why do you need to show them any card? Just curious.
Because they as in Boat DM's fill out some of their own paperwork. They actually look at everybody's card and hand copy agency, cert #, and address, Dan or other insurance/#. Boats I've been you must show a card no matter who you are.
Bill

rigdiver:
Because they as in Boat DM's fill out some of their own paperwork. They actually look at everybody's card and hand copy agency, cert #, and address, Dan or other insurance/#. Boats I've been you must show a card no matter who you are.
Bill
I believe the term your looking for is CYA for owner. It's also an insurance requirement for the boat owners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom