What Cable TV Shows/Channels do you watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discovery, Scifi, NatGeo, Science Channel.

SB keeps the little grey cells ticking.

Discovery, Food Network, HGTV, TLC are probably the best bets.

Or you could save your advertising dollars and offer us a sweet discount instead..... You've already advertised enough with this post alone. :D

I totally agree with the previous poster. I learned about live aboards within days of being certified 20 years ago. It's too easy these days to just go from web site to web site. Just make sure Aggressor is near the top of most search engines and lower the prices and you'll have all the business you can handle once the economy gets going again. I'm not sure how prices are set but with all boats being almost identical, a lower price would go a long way toward getting more divers to chose Aggressor. I'm not sure who owns what boats these days so I'm not sure how much competition you have however. I do know some boats are much less expensive and they do pretty well even though they are no where as nice as your boats. I also think that returning divers discounts should be larger and more liberal. Service is already outstanding, the boats are good, the crews are terrific andthe locations are great so all we need is prices we can more easily afford. Advertise if you must in the DAN magazine. Even tough I watch a lot of TV as I indicated in an early post, much of it is using a DVR where I bypass commercials anyway.

Thank you to everyone that posted for taking the time!

Aggressor Fleet

Just about the only TV I watch live is baseball (Go White Sox!) and Sports Center; but rarely catch more than part of either…. As far as shows I watch regularly, I have our DVR set to record:

Deadliest Catch
Secrets of the Humpback Whale / Glacier Nat. Park / etc (on Nat Geo I think)
Treasure Quest
Blue Planet (I re-record them every time they run, just to watch again)
Playing Lessons from the Pro’s (Golf)

and I try to scan the upcoming listings for Disc / Nat Geo / AP / PBS / TLC / Hist / Travel for shows that catch my eye to add to the record list…

Food (Good Eats, Unwrapped, other things at random), Travel (mostly Anthony Bourdain, Samantha Brown, Bizarre Foods), Discovery (How Stuff Works, Mythbusters) PBS, occasionally History or Bravo. I would think the Travel channel makes a lot of sense for you to advertise.

And the Weather Channel - when they're actually showing weather. I get annoyed when I turn it on to get the weather and they have one of their "shows" running, I don't watch those. They're getting like MTV where they're never playing music. But I digress.

(Course, I tend to watch everything through TiVo rather than live and generally skip the ads. And I'm well aware of Aggressor already. So commercials make no difference to me one way or another!)

Or you could save your advertising dollars and offer us a sweet discount instead..... :D

They must be listening, cause they just posted some pretty good discounts for the fall.

I think advertising on Discovery and History channels would be a good for business. In addition to the divers who watch those channels there's a whole new market of armchair explorers who have always wanted to try scuba. A well placed ad that says "Come and learn to dive on the XXXX Aggressor" would probably reel a few in. Think of it as the Discovery Channel version of the 'dude in the pool' that sucked half of us into our first resort course.

BTW, I was just on Belize Aggressor in Feb. Liked it so much I'm going back at the end of Nov. Like it even more with the fall discount :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom