What cool things? (I hesitate to ask this...heh)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has nothing to do with marine life, but I've done this a couple of time. While uw in a flat sandy area, empty your BC and remove your fins. You are now free to walk on the moon... It's a pretty good sensation.

This obviously has to be reserved to a shallow and very quiet location...

scubasean once bubbled...
folks would say this is wrong because it disturbs the natural order of life...etc. etc.
I figure I'm a part of the natural order of life so I just do as I please... but it doesn't please me to actually hurt living things for no reason so I just give them a good old dutch rub and leave it at that.

Mattiedread

I am a great lakes diver(lake Michigan). What are the greenlips you are refering to? Just curious.
Out here we have no lobster of course, but we do have bourbot or lawyerfish. They are nocturnal and tend to be pretty out of it during the daytime. They are also found on most wrecks. Anyway, if you do it right you can gentely point one at another diver at which point they will startle and swim forward at flank speed. In effect, torpedoing the diver.

Jim

When I was in Western Australia I had lots of fun with crayfish . . .I didn't really catch any but me and my buddy used to stir them up and they'd go flying around their little cave like ping pong balls. But I would never keep it up or torment anything.

Once my buddy and I came across a very large turtle resting in the sand but it was dead - must have died about 5 mins before, it looked very alive. It was so big that when my buddy grabbed it by the back of the shell and swam it in front of him and it was nearly obscuring him - we swam it around the corner and flung it at a bunch of divers :) they thought it was attacking or something. Pretty gruesome really.

Talking about defensive reactions . . .I came across a large painted crayfish once - he wasn't afraid of me, I was touching his antennae and he had no problem at all with it, but when I slowly spread my hand open and stretched my fingers he went nuts - I think he thought they were tentacles.

Like the moonwalking, who's tried the ninja moves? Air out of BC, take off fins, jump up and do ninja kicks in slow motion like in the Matrix!

don't lose your fins but

My dive buddy likes to poke & prod the sea creatures. I have let him know that I find it abusive. He still continues to do it. He once tweaked the tail of a barracuda-looking fish. This fish made a quick U-turn & was heading right for me. I thought he was going to try & take a bite outta me. I pointed at my dive buddy, to indicate it wasn't me. The fish must have understood the universal sign for "I'm with stupid" because the fish swam off without further incident.

When on a night dive, find a bowl sponge, turn off your light, and vigorously wave your hand at the side of the sponge. Sparks will fly! :wacko:

Barracuda2

Spectre once bubbled...

Take down a mirror, and use it to piss the lobster off and come barrelling out of the hole for a fight. Use the mirror to angle the lobster in front of your buddy. Then drop the mirror and shout at the bug...

I have a new reason to go lobster diving...this sounds like fun

mattiedread once bubbled...
I apologize to the whaleshark in my previous post on this thread,

Sorry, but you can't apologize to a whaleshark (unless you're Shirlie McClane). A whaleshark can't even count to ONE. We absolutly need to be responsible with our enviornment, but animals are NOT people, or higher than people, reguardless of what the PETA freeks say.
By the way, they say whaleshark tastes just like chicken - kind of like spotted owl...

(The pervious post was typed without injury or abuse to any animal, however two humans were killed, but that is of no consequence.):sharky:

I take a can of Easy Cheese with me. Its fun to squrt out a few Cheese worms for the Carp and Walleye, and even the little craw dads in the quarries. I dont know about attempting that in the ocean...of course a fun little trick to play on your buddy, especially in the ocean, is to fill a plastic baggie with canned peas. Mush them up real good slap a piece of duct tape on it and hide it in your dive bag. When you help them gear up stick the bag to their tank. When you get down reach over, pop the bag open with one hand and keep the other on your reg, because you are going to laugh your butt of at the thousands of tiny little fish that come from nowhere. When you get out discretly get rid of the evidence and convince them that they must have Aqua Man powers!!! Its a classic!

Back
Top Bottom