What DC would you buy with $1,000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-Town,

An option would be to purchase the new Aeris Epic. The deco model is identical to Oceanic's Atom (they are both owned by same company) so you keep the same brains but aesthetically the Epic is a bit more pleasing to the eye. If I am not mistaken, the Epic will be rolled out in a couple of weeks. The Suunto D9 is also another great way to blow that 1000 that is burning the hole in your pocket. The D9 is considerably larger but other than that she is worthy competition to the Oceanic and Aeris models. And, the D9 has an incredible compass feature.

Happy hunting.

Mozz

hmm... Epic or Atom 1 or 2 when its out.

As much as i like the D9, the compass isnt as effective personally... as compared to the sk7 or some other manual compass.

Then again, im a visual person who prefers having the entire compass to look at and play with.

I have a Suunto D9 and it's sweet! However i would heed Mo2tivation's post and get a Vytec and a DSS boot (I had that boot on my Vyper).

Cheers.

-J.-

abowie:
VR3 with all the bells and whistles (CC TMX, downloader)

What else would you need?

For only $1000?! I wanna shop where YOU shop :D

Brings up a good point though, if you're willing and able to spend that kind of dough on a dive computer, you're in the range of some serious, multi-gas, tech computers. Might be way more than you need though. Cochran, HydroSpace (correct?), and DiveRite all make high end dive computers in that price range (I'm sure others).

Personally, I'm still diving my $250 Oceanic Veo 180 and lovin' it. I'd be happy to sell it to you for $1000!

Brian

If you already own a guage console I'd look on ebay for a deal on a simple nitrox capable hocky puck computer and put the other $800 away for a while. Try different mounting options (wrist, console, retractor, etc) and find what you like best. Then go ahead and invest in a more expesive model and relegate the old one to a BC Pocket as a backup.

meekal:
remember... if your dive computer goes kaput in the middle of a vacation you're skunked... unless you have a backUp...
...or you still know how to dive with tables. A computer malfunction is a good reason to abort a dive, not a vacation.

MSilvia:
...or you still know how to dive with tables. A computer malfunction is a good reason to abort a dive, not a vacation.

withOut a doubt true, in fact:

"From SportDiver / October 1995 pg.11 - the folks at DCEIM say
"as long as you haven't violated your computer - 4hrs = repetitive group D table diver"

but......

(with all respect to masterCard)

- SCUBA equipment - $1,200
- dives practicing (@ $50/2 tank trip = 40 dives) - $1,000
- vacation package on a delightful caribbean island or live aboard - $1,500
- DAN insurance - $99
- newest "BOB THE FISH" T-Shirt - $20
- extra dive computer so you don't have to resort to using dive tables? - PRICELESS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom