What DC would you buy with $1,000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to thank everyone for giving me their $.02. Unfortunately, as I guess I should have expected, with so many different brands and models out there, responses have been all over the place as to recommendations. I guess I'll have to do some more research.

I've had really good luck with my Atom 1.0 although it goes through batteries a bit quicker than it should and acts a little funky when they are low (not failure type funky). Oceanic says they have a fix/upgrade for the battery consumption and therefore I assume the new ones don't have this problem. I should send mine in but the batteries are cheap and easy to replace. If you are buying the computer w/ transmitter the Atom is under $1,000 but the Suunto D-9 w/ transmitter is usually over $1,000 isn't it? Vytecs are awfully nice and I know several people who swear by them (as opposed to at them)

Back
Top Bottom