• Spit the company

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • 500 PSI

Votes: 43 16.5%
  • Homemade

Votes: 41 15.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

God's own spit ... but I will speak highly of 500 PSI

Good old fashioned, never out of stock, always with me in a secure container...
Spit

I use Kleer Vu Anti-Fog Cleaner, Witch I get from the local county fair in the fall time.
It does a good job for me. Kleer Vu Anti-Fog Cleaner
If I don't have it with me, I will use good old fashioned Spit.

I use the Sea Vision stuff that came with my Guage reader mask. I have to say that I have never had this mask fog up!

Spit. I did have Sea Gold stuff I got when I bought my mask but I never remembered to take it with me... and spit seems to work fine.

Another vote for Sea Gold, 500 psi works well also, as does 200 vis.

Will trade a new bottle of each for one of Roatanman's secret sauce.

Offer doubled if I can watch him collect said secret formula live. :D

Will throw in a used neon pink Al 63 if I get to help. :eyebrow:

Maybe we need to hire a film crew, any takers?

Spit-and-rub worked well, so I never had to buy anything to do the same job.

It's "Nature Made" for me. The stuff is highly effective, dirt cheap and always available. No problems with TSA or mooches wanting to borrow some, either. When I'm trying to avoid disturbing the sensibilities of gentler folks, I'll sometimes fall back to 500 psi. I'd be willing to try some of that Swedish Virgin stuff if I thought such a thing actually existed...

500 PSI when I remember to before the dive and because it came with the Akona mask bag I bought. When I'm geared up and don't remember, spit.

Method is more important than what you use. Any soap will work, dishwashing liquid is best, but baby shampoo works almost as well and won't burn your eyes.

Start with a dry mask. Apply a small amount of soap. Rub it in. Let it dry. It's never too early to apply the soap. Drying overnight is ideal. When doing repetitive dives, dry the inside of the mask with a towel and apply the soap ASAP after your previous dive. Rinse it just before your dive. I often rinse it on my descent. Avoid rinsing it in the mask rinse bucket. There's all kinds of crap in the bucket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom