What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underwater lazer pointer. Useless in daylight, no one can even see it. Beam does not go very far under water. I use it to play with the cats at home now.

Just sliced my thumb open on my old brass clips. So definitly glad that i've upgraded to stainless.

a 95 Bronco from some guy with one eye...oh wait should this be scuba related??

diverrick:
underwater lazer pointer. Useless in daylight, no one can even see it. Beam does not go very far under water. I use it to play with the cats at home now.

BOY IS THIS EVER THE TRUTH. The idea was good but the reality is they can't be seen underwater. I am almost glad I lost one on the first dive we tried it. I'm sorry I bought TWO!

Greg

Brandon:
Ooooh... speaking of snorkels.

I bought one of those huge Oceanmaster dry snorkels.

Hate it.. .thing is HUGE. Don't wear it anymore.

-Brandon.

Roll back up a few and see my post...HUGE piece of plastic! In fact...Someone mentioned Tusa..I bought a Visulator mask (aka a large open space between my face and the glass) when I bought the Oceanmaster Snorkel! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!

Lets see...
1)Snorkel. I have not used since my first courses
2)XL fins for warm water diving thinking they would fit drysuit boots when i moved to cold water. They dont fit either.....I stupidly listened to the LDS
3) Sherwood Octo, OK but I would have spent a bit more and got something different. Scuba Pro most likely.
4) Ocean Master Titanium Knife. Total waste of money
5) Ocean Master Purge Valve Mask with clear silicone. Did not like the purge valve nor the large volume this mask has.
6) Jacket BCD. I would have started with a BP/Wing combo had I known better at the time.
7) Yoke Regulator. Should have gone DIN

Thats about it.

( Quote )From the standpoint of someone brand new to diving (currently taking my OW), Thanks.

( Qoute ) These threads are very useful as I'm at the point now where I'm starting to buy a bit of gear (I have mask, snorkel (need it for the course) & fins only right now).

As my wife and I are in the OW course together, we'll be spending for two...
you'll have really helped us to spend more wisely. THANK YOU !

Big knife - shears are much better, plus I lost the stupid knife on the first trip after I bought it.

Air 2 - I bought into the sales spiel about saving a hose. I should have thought through the implications of trying to use it.

I am actually one person who doesn't regret the snorkle. I had to buy it for training and I take it traveling because we almost always go snorkeling on dive trips anyway.

Dacor Viper Reg, had to breath to hard.
Dacor Jacket BC, not enough lift or places to stoge gear
Sea Elite 3 mm wetsuite, hard to get off and on
Reefmaster Camera,
Snorkel

Back
Top Bottom