What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Out of 2 sets of gear the only regret is my wife's BCD. Doesn't hold enough weight for drysuit diving, I underestimated what we needed. I knew she'd need a belt also, but I did not realize how loaded it would have to be. I got the BCD for only $150 used though (with useful weights, octo keeper, and knife) so I still feel like I have done well overall even if I have to buy her a new Zeagle now. :)

Those piece of crap x-shorts that were floating around here about a year ago. Never seemed to fit right, not sure what they used for pattern sizing, but I don't think it was human.

A Diamond ring

...Force Fins.

(perfectly happy with my USD rocket fins, but just had to try them out to see what all the hype was about.)

btw, this is a really great thread.
i can't believe the response its getting from the board.
30 + + pages. don't have the time to read 'em all.

i also makes me feel a bit better, being relatively new, 'coz even the pro's here admit making "booboos" in gear selection. i think its part of the fun in diving, and part of the learning process. knowing that something "doesn't work well for you" from actual experience is better than being told what is good or not. it somehow builds character.

disclaimer: ^^^ no insult intended for the dir guys, okay...

Dectek:
A Diamond ring

No kidding. Diamond rings can definately interfere with diving...

Anything I bought that rusted.

For example, a regulator bag with strap buckles that quickly rusted.

Or a knife that rusted underneath the plastic handle.

Or a spring fin strap with non-stainless buckles.

Or a dive bag that had a metallic zip...

peterbkk:
Anything I bought that rusted.

yup...my knife which rusted around the handle...so I bought a Titanium one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom