What dive shop to rent from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tribal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This might be a Pepsi or Coca Cola Question, but I’m still going to ask it. 😅

Next spring we are going to Florida with 3 CCR divers and 1 OC diver.
We will need to rent all tanks. Any advice in what shop to contact? Cave country dive shop or Amigos?

Thanks in advance.

This might be a Pepsi or Coca Cola Question, but I’m still going to ask it. 😅

Next spring we are going to Florida with 3 CCR divers and 1 OC diver.
We will need to rent all tanks. Any advice in what shop to contact? Cave country dive shop or Amigos?

Thanks in advance.

I’d use EE

I use Cave Country Dive Shop & send all my cave students there.

That’s a very personal choice. Pros and cons to each. I’ve used all of them, but my go to is ee and has been since before I had any gue training.
Amigos is great but when Wayne was the owner could be difficult to deal with since he was a little flighty and you never knew if the banks were full. Not sure how it’s going with the new owner.
Jon and Kristi (ccds)are turning quite a few people I have heard from off due to their political commentary such as insinuating New York is a cess oool when they have a lot of New York clients. Not sure they’re aware or care. I personally don’t care as long as I don’t hear about it when in the shop. I have no issues with their shop.
EE turns some people off due to being a gue shop, but I find them to be the most reliable and professional
Dive outpost I won’t comment on because I have commented about their problems before and their owner chose to stalk me to the point of finding the business I own, calling and speaking poorly of me to my employees, and posting fake reviews on google about my business. All because I expressed my negative experiences with their shop here and on Cdf.

You can't go wrong with either CCDS or EE. As others have said, they each have their pros and cons. But at the end of the day, you can get what you need from both. I've had great experiences with CCDS and recently purchased my new drysuit from them and Kristi was more than accommodating during the process. On the other hand, I've had both good and bad experiences with EE (it really depends on who's working, since some of the staff have been very rude in the past and others have taken time out of their day to show me and my buddy the shop and the whole operation there). Like I said, both will get the job done and both have very knowledgeable people working there.

Unfortunately, I would say that Dive Outpost is not on my list of shops I frequent in Cave Country anymore. I've personally had bad experiences there and so have most of the people I dive with. It's a shame since the shop has so much potential and is right down the road from Peacock Springs which is handy if you are training there or spending a weekend diving there.

I visit CCDS as my main dive shop, they've been nothing but nice to me. If you are looking for advice, you are most likely to get a more experienced opinion at CCDS. All their employees I've seen are experienced cave divers in the community.

I occasionally visit EE when I need stuff only the sell.

Amigos is a bit out of the way for me, I only visit them if I am diving the Branford area caves. The new owner Bruce was fairly attentive making sure the banks were filled, and was making changes so there is more room to get fills

I don't really visit DO since Kathy retired. The GSD that they have is very aggressive and has snapped at me, that makes be wary coming from someone that like most dogs better than I like most people. And despite being a gun guy, not a big fan of open carry particularly their reason why.

What’s their reason why? I’ve only been there a few times and was turned off pretty quickly.

If
You guys are interested, I’m considering opening up a fill station only a block or two away. It’ll just be Nitrox and maybe HP O2
I visit CCDS as my main dive shop, they've been nothing but nice to me. If you are looking for advice, you are most likely to get a more experienced opinion at CCDS. All their employees I've seen are experienced cave divers in the community.

I occasionally visit EE when I need stuff only the sell.

Amigos is a bit out of the way for me, I only visit them if I am diving the Branford area caves. The new owner Bruce was fairly attentive making sure the banks were filled, and was making changes so there is more room to get fills

I don't really visit DO since Kathy retired. The GSD that they have is very aggressive and has snapped at me, that makes be wary coming from someone that like most dogs better than I like most people. And despite being a gun guy, not a big fan of open carry particularly their reason why.

What’s their reason why? I’ve only been there a few times and was turned off pretty quickly.

Some dude came in and stole some stuff while they were elsewhere on the property. And they started open carrying right after that, likely to intimidate any thieves.

Some dude came in and stole some stuff while they were elsewhere on the property. And they started open carrying right after that, likely to intimidate any thieves.
Lol. Can’t shoot a thief in your store. Lol. Not in FL anyway. Sounds like a power trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom