What dive shop to rent from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like any other retail entity you will probably like one over the other due to personalities and how quick and accurate/good the service is.
@Tribal will forever be spoiled by the fill whips that are long enough not to require removing tanks from the car.

edit: Oh, I see they're mostly CCR. Tiny little tanks. Never mind.

edit: Oh, I see they're mostly CCR. Tiny little tanks. Never mind.
Forget about the silence, longer turn points, warm air and lower HE costs. Best thing about CCR are the tanks. 😀
It is such a nice feeling to bring in some 3l bottles while others are carrying the big double sets. 😇

I think EE has long ill whips so tanks can remain in your vehicle for filling nitrox. CCDS does for sure.

Just like any other retail entity you will probably like one over the other due to personalities and how quick and accurate/good the service is.

I hope you will come back here and tell us your opinion after your trip!!
And the OP will potentially use both shops. That's the one great thing about the shops in cave country is that they all have stuff the others don't carry. So eventhough I use one more than the other, I still go to multiple shops for different things. Having one shop have everything you need in the brands you prefer 100% of the time would be great, but that's unrealistic so its great having options.
We're pretty lucky in cave country.

Extreme Exposure for me. Absolutely no question. They are always super friendly, professional and have a good attitude. Their shop is clean, well run and well-stocked.

Although I have taken some GUE training and often dive with GUE divers I really don't consider myself a GUE diver. It has no bearing on being welcomed at EE or not. They have always treated me with kindness.

Other dive shops in Cave Country will certainly be able to accommodate you and I'm not going to sit here and badmouth other shops. I just have my own preferences.
One big plus for CCDS is that they bank trimix which is great for CCR divers. If you want trimix at EE you may have to wait a day or leave tanks if they're busy but that's not always the case.

Extreme Exposure for me. Absolutely no question. They are always super friendly, professional and have a good attitude. Their shop is clean, well run and well-stocked.

Although I have taken some GUE training and often dive with GUE divers I really don't consider myself a GUE diver. It has no bearing on being welcomed at EE or not. They have always treated me with kindness.

Other dive shops in Cave Country will certainly be able to accommodate you and I'm not going to sit here and badmouth other shops. I just have my own preferences.
One big plus for CCDS is that they bank trimix which is great for CCR divers. If you want trimix at EE you may have to wait a day or leave tanks if they're busy but that's not always the case.
My dive shop banks air, Nitrox, HP O2, and several common gases of Trimix :)

But I’m about 90 min from cave country

If you venture further west into the panhandle, Cave Adventurers has literally everything, and it's hard to beat Merritt's Mill Pond for variety and natural beauty.

I use CCDS almost exclusively. I've always received superb service from the crew and never had any issues with service, products, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom