What dive shop to rent from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a misnomer that EE doesn't have sm tanks. They have for years. Believe it or not there's some of us that have gue training that still enjoy sidemount and sidemounted bailout for our non-GUE approved CCRs. EE is also just a dive shop. Although there is clearly a strong, direct link to GUE, EE is more than happy to serve any diver regardless of training. I brought all my sm tanks and regs to EE for fills and service for years prior to getting GUE training.
At the end of the day, EE is just another dive shop trying to make money. The difference is the level of professionalism that you don't get at alot of shops. And I'm not saying that EE is the only shop to use. It also has its pros and cons just like other shops.
You will definitely see more sm divers at CCDS, which is also a great shop.
They even sell snorkels. Not sure about split fins, but definitely snorkels.

I tend to be a loyal customer when a shop or company treats me well and take my business elsewhere when they don't -- I don't complain, I vote with my feet (and wallet). I started with CCDS because that's what my instructor used -- its ownership has changed but the service level has stayed good so I keep going back. That said, I once had a burst disk blow during a fill there and CCDS didn't have a replacement in stock that fit my reg. I went over to EE and they actually disassembled one of their new, in-stock, regs to remove the burst disk and replace my blown one. Service above and beyond for someone who wasn't even a regular customer. I'd have no hesitation using them.

I used Dive Outpost instead of Cave Excursions (back when there was a Cave Excursions) again because it's what my instructor used. I was a Cathy customer rather than a Bill customer, again just because of who did my training. I always felt welcome at DO and appreciated the camaraderie at the shop -- I could show up without a buddy and look hopeful and would always find someone to dive with. Only went to Thanksgiving there once, but it was a memorable time. I had every intention of staying with the shop after it changed hands, and was very hopeful when the new owners put in resources to upgrading the place. Clearly some people like the new DO and feel comfortable there but I'm not one of them. I'll still go in for a fill if I have to, but avoid the place -- no longer feels welcoming to me.

Always like Amigos and I'd go there a lot more if it was a little more conveniently located. Not sure what it's like now, but I liked the feel of the place -- more like someone running a service out of his backyard shed for love of the sport and putting out an honor box to cover expenses than someone trying to run a business to make the big bucks. I'd use it more now to avoid having to fill at DO, depending on where I'm staying and diving.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom