What do North American Divers do in Winter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Part of the gear required for diving up here includes a chain saw with a 4-foot bar, lots of long rope, several good buddies, and a good recipe for chili.

We don’t use argon in our dry suits, we just eat more chili and let nature help us along.:eek:ut:

HarleyDiver once bubbled...
Come to Florida.
The springs are always 68-72 degrees.
If you make it all the way to the keys bring suntan lotion.
lol :D

That's exactly what I'm planning to do, just jump in my car with all the gear and ..... :) Anybody's up for a trip to the keys somewhere in november/december???

khel

I cave dive in the 72f springs here in florida, or take a trip south to the keys.

What do I do in the winter? I dive.

The viz in Monterey is best then, no plankton blooms.
Many people dive it dry, but I dive it wet year round.

Bob

Are you crazy or what ? please call 1-800 GET-a-LIFE. please explain what its like to cut a 4ft hole in the Ice and Dive In ? I'm serious. please tell our veiwer's what it is like. are we missing the Crystal Palace or something ? Mike

Are you crazy or what ? please call 1-800 GET-a-LIFE. please explain what its like to cut a 4ft hole in the Ice and Dive In ? I'm serious. please tell our veiwer's what it is like. are we missing the Crystal Palace or something ?

This from a man who claims he's not a warm water weenie. Hey man, if you can't handle the great visibility and lack of boat traffic, it's not our fault. That entire comment was rude and uncalled for.

WEll, I do pull out the shorty for winter diving. The water here will drop to the low 70's. I just make sure my buddy also has access to a jaccuzzi.
When in the neighborhood, look me up, always ready for a beach dive!

Back
Top Bottom