What do you use to equalize your dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just bought some Kubi dry gloves and am going to try them out this weekend. I was wondering what you guys use to equalize the gloves. I could use the thumb loops on my undergarment i.e keep them attached to my thumbs but was thinking if my gloves spring a leak it would be very hard to push thumb loops back under my wrist seals. I was thinking that using something I can remove might be a better idea. I was thinking of using a length of 3/16 bungee but am not sure if it would work or not. Cheers.

Some people use small tubing or such, though letting your undergarments peek through the seal works also. Regardless, if your glove springs a leak, you're likely to get wet.... Part of the advantage/ disadvantage of diving. It won't be much easier to push back anything else either. I recently got Zip Seals on my drysuits. One pair of gloves have wrist dams, on pair does not. I actually find the regular gloves (without the wrist dams), more comfortable. Yes, I've had a leak in the gloves before. It was not a big deal, just a slow, damp leak. In the event of a catastrophic failure,... That would be the end of the dive.

Tammy,

after using them some, will you please post some thoughts, experiences, and opinions?

A piece of 1/8 bungie cord works just fine as well, all you need is something to break the seal. Heck, if you have very prominent tendons on the inside of the wrist, making a fist and bending the fist inward can be enough to break the seal.

A piece of 1/8 bungie cord works just fine as well, all you need is something to break the seal. Heck, if you have very prominent tendons on the inside of the wrist, making a fist and bending the fist inward can be enough to break the seal.

I do, I'll give that a go too. Worse case scenario I'll end up with either shrink wrapped hands or cartoon hands. Thanks for for the tip.

The handy thing about using bungie cord is you can cut a piece nice and long and tie a loop in one end big enough to go over a finger with a tail long enough to extend past your wrist.

Put it over your finger before you put your arm through the suit's arm.

When your hand goes through the wrist seal, the bungie is in place and you don't have to "struggle" to tuck the cord or a piece of hose under the seal.

I could use the thumb loops on my undergarment i.e keep them attached to my thumbs but was thinking if my gloves spring a leak it would be very hard to push thumb loops back under my wrist seals.
I use my thumb loops, but take them off my thumb and rest them into my palm. I put them so they extend barely an 1/8" beyond my wrist seal. I have successfully removed the thumb loops from my wrist seals three times after holing my gloves. The nice thing is they can be pulled back by pulling on the undergarment. They also can not be lost or misplaced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom