What do you use to equalize your dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tammy,

after using them some, will you please post some thoughts, experiences, and opinions?

I've had the Zip seals on my suits for 2 yrs... By recently, my suits are 4 & 5 yrs old. I had them retrofitted with the Zip Seals. For the most part I like the Zip seal system, though I had to send both suits back to DUI this year to get new seals sewn in. The old sewn in seals were cracked & were seeping constantly- found to be a material defect & replaced free of charge. With the new sewn in seals, I finally had my first truly dry dives. I love the ability to replace gloves &/ or seals in minutes instead of the 24 hr gluing ordeal. I frequently have to switch back & forth between seals & gloves & have had seals rip & had to replace. Soapy water makes changing the seals VERY easy. The width of the wrist seals can be a pain to get into & out of my BP/W harness & get computers on, but it is not impossible. The Neck seal isn't too bad, but tight to get back off (guess I have a big head:D). They now have a bigger neck seal. The biggest minus to Zip seals is the replacement costs. The older wrist zip seals; you could likely use regular seals glue them to the rings... the newer wrist seals has the seals sewn into the ring, so that is no longer an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom