What does your BC weigh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not near a scale so I can't play, but I think alot of the weight is in the SS buckles. DR uses two for the tank, plus one more on the waist. Then there's SS D-rings on the shoulders and hips.

Here's a tip to get your suitcase weight down I saw on Decostop from someone using a DR Transpac - though I guess it would work on other gear too. Attach a backpack to your Transpac and wear it on the plane. Just remember to remove your knife if you have one attached. Next time I fly I'm trying it.

TSandM,

How are you liking that new TTW17 wing?

I have the Kydex plate already and was thinking that the TTW might make the perfect travel rig for me.

I have been waiting since before Christmas for Tobin to post some pics and info on his website. Any chance you could send me a pic or two?

BTW, I really enjoy your posts.

Cheers,
Thomjinx

TSandM:
Fun thread! I just weighed my three singles rigs and got some surprises:

SeaQuest Libra (without weight pockets in): 4.5 lbs

DSS Kydex plate and TTW17 wing: 4.5 lbs

DSS SS BP and LCD 30 wing: 10 lbs! That was the surprising one. I save six pounds by using the Kydex plate and smaller wing. That's enough to really count when travelling.

Thomjinx, I wrote a REPORT about my experience taking the TTW17 to Hawaii. Hope that helps!

Great review of the TTW17, Lynn! Good pics too! Thanks.

Thomjinx

Back
Top Bottom