what drysuit would you buy and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. For people for whom budget is no issue, I'd recommend Santi, although for people who travel a great deal with a dry suit, the tradeoffs between the sturdy E-Lite and the much lighter E-Motion, which appears to be a bit fragile, are something to think about.

For people who have budget concerns or who travel a great deal with a dry suit, the Fusion Sport is hard to beat. Add a pair of X-Short type pocket shorts and you're good to go.

Yes. For people for whom budget is no issue, I'd recommend Santi, although for people who travel a great deal with a dry suit, the tradeoffs between the sturdy E-Lite and the much lighter E-Motion, which appears to be a bit fragile, are something to think about.

For people who have budget concerns or who travel a great deal with a dry suit, the Fusion Sport is hard to beat. Add a pair of X-Short type pocket shorts and you're good to go.

How so? Cheers

The emotion is made of two types of material, elite fabric in critical spots and a lighter material in the other spots. This also creates more seams as well.

The emotion is made of two types of material, elite fabric in critical spots and a lighter material in the other spots. This also creates more seams as well.

Makes sense, cheers. I guess the term "fragile" started to worry me. I own an emotion and given it's cost am hoping it stands the test of time. Test of time and fragile don't go together very well.

I think TSandM used the word "fragile" in a relative sense. The following is the words from Santi's General Sale Manager Agnieszka Hrynkiewicz when being asked the difference between ELite and EMotion suits:

The E.lite suit is our top model for rough diving conditions - exploring caves or wrecks with a need of highest protection. E.motion is also a very durable suit and due to it's weight of the fabric it is slightly less durable, but then it is also much more flexible and convenient.

When you see recent photos of Jarrod diving with his new Santi suit, it a E.Motion suit

Look in the seaskin site. Taylor made not to expensive, I've a membrane suit about tree years and I'm very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom