What Fins are best for Sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he's biased because he is the owner of Deep6.... There is absolutely nothing wrong with them except for the fact that he hasn't made a XXL size for me yet so I can't buy them.... :p

You'll be happy to know they are in production now.

PM me your address if you want to take the prototypes for a spin

I need to get new fins.

What fins are best for sidemount?
As the first response said, it's generally a neutral fin. The F1s and JetFins are too negative. I absolutely love my Slipstreams. Others like the Dive Rite XT fins better. Andy Davis's link is a lot of good information, too. One notable fin missing from his list is the Mares Avanti Quattro. Hollis has also announced (released?) a neutral version of their F1s...something I'm very interested in trying out.

Deep 6 look nice! whats wrong with them?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them except for the fact that he hasn't made a XXL size for me yet so I can't buy them.... :p
You'll be happy to know they are in production now.

PM me your address if you want to take the prototypes for a spin

Yeah, Chris, Tom and I will be very happy to take them for a spin. I'm not sure I can promise to return them, though....Richard Black almost never saw his pair again.

Sure... love to test new kit. Will you have any distribution in the Philippines?
well, we are a direct to consumer model, no dealers or traditional distribution. Philippines are a tough nut with shipping customs, would be willing to work to set up a office there... but again, selling to consumers, not dealers

I've updated my sidemount fin review with some of the other fins mentioned here....

Top 5 Warm-Water Sidemount Fins
Thanks, may I suggest you mention that the Deep 6 is not rubber, weighs approx 3 lbs a fin in air (6lbs for a pair.. about half of what jets weigh) and is positive in salt and neutral/ slightly positive in fresh (depends on size)

well, we are a direct to consumer model, no dealers or traditional distribution. Philippines are a tough nut with shipping customs, would be willing to work to set up a office there... but again, selling to consumers, not dealers

So does your facility down there in Georgia have a store or otherwise accept visitors?

So does your facility down there in Georgia have a store or otherwise accept visitors?

I haven't made a policy.. LOL

Sure, if somebody want to drop by, just make sure someone is there first

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom