What gear do you travel with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For shore diving in Florida every March I take a mask, fins, snorkel, knife, commercial dive harness and a reg with one second stage & SPG. The harness can take a 30 or 40 cu/ft tank that I rent and set up this way without a wetsuit I do not need a weight belt. Everything is in the carry on except the knife.

I take everything except tanks and weights. But if you are trying to figure out how to reduce what you carry, think about things that either have to fit well to work, or which are complicated to use. Into the former category, I would put any exposure protection, mask and fins; into the latter, your dive computer. BC and regs you can rent, but the quality of the gear and the care with which it has been maintained may vary widely at different destinations.

What do I take with me?...everything except tanks and weights.

How do I pack/travel?
Small carry-on (personal item): reg assembly with spare 1st and 2nd stage, mask, dive computer, stripped logbook and c-cards
Carry-on: personal clothing
Checked baggage: Remainder of diving equipment: fins, spare mask, SMB & finger spool, full length 3mm, Bare Chicken vest, tropical booties, snorkel (in case I go snorkeling), BP/Wg (Zeagle Express tech), adjustable wrench & allen keys, canlight/back-up lights and electrical glowstick (for night diving) and a Save-a-dive kit.

I take all of my gear (including my pony tank and regulator) except the big tank and lead. Please note: you may check a tank into your luggage, but the valve must be removed and the tank covered with clear tape for TSA inspection.

Safe Diving

Add another "everything but tanks and lead."
Although I do bring 2: 2lb and 2: 1 lb trim weights, as they are not always available at shops.

I guess it's pretty unanimous. That makes it easy on the decision making, difficult on the wallet! :D

I'm in with most of the others ... the works, except tanks and weights. But the one thing you don't need much of ... clothes. Aside from a lightweight pair of travel pants, a long sleeve nylon/acrylic shirt, and a lightweight rain/wind shell, I go 3-4 weeks with two pairs of quick-dry cargo type shorts, two quick-dry T-shirts, and two jammer style swim shorts. All of my clothes pack into the space of a loaf of bread, and probably weigh about the same. You're going on your dive trip to dive, right?

everything except tank and weights.

mask, fins, wetsuit, bc go in dive bag. usually close up with zip ties to make sure nobody can help themselves to my stuff. TSA can always cut but since is a mesh bag no need.

computer, regs go with me.

if planning night dive then adequate light but tend to leave big light cannon at home.

almost forgot, wife and kids come along as well. oldest daughter is certified and is my excuse to go diving. kid's luggage can hold swim trunks and rash guards. they have to make themselves useful for something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom