What gear do you wish was easier to find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As a new technical diver and soon to be cave diver I have delved into the depths of this equipment intensive sport and spent my fair share of $$$ but there is always another thing to buy and always another thing to fix or replace but finding equipment online is not as easy as it sounds sometimes.

Sure I support the LDS but my tech LDS closed up shop and my only other LDS is 90 miles away and cant/wont get anything tech related so the internet is where I have turned for most of my needs.

The problem I have is finding a site that offers most everything in one place so I don’t have to go to scubatoys for some items and diverite express for some things and leisure pro for some items and reef scuba for some items etc. I know places like scubatoys carry much more product than is listed on their website but calling is often impossible when your work schedule has you unavailable during business hours.

What I want to do here is get people to list the items they have had a hard time locating online so that places like LP and scubatoys and other online gear dealers know what we really want and need easy access to at midnight or on sundays or whenever. The other purpose is to make online shopping more of a one stop experience so you don’t have to get 1 item at 5 sites and pay out so much for shipping.

Some things I have a future need for or things that have been hard to find in the past are:

-AGA masks
-accessories for the aga mask like ABV, weight kit, parts kits, comms, etc.
-scubapro regulator service kits (I know that one probably will never happen).
-a wider range of hardware like you see at reef scuba dot com, and especially stainless harware.
-a wider range of backplates, wings, and harnesses. All these things come in several weights or sizes but many are uncommon.
- a good selection of replacement bladders for wings would also be nice.
-wider selection of hoses, fittings, and hose accessories this includes hoses in different lengths and colors.
-better selection of masks, if you carry products from say dive rite why not list every mask dive rite has instead of just one.
-parts and accessories for things that have been discontinued like the Nitek HE.
-a complete selection of products from all the manufactures you support.
-Halcyon products are next to impossible to get online.
-DUI and Whites products are often hard to find especially components like p-valves, seals, and pockets.
- Highland stage bottle bands
-tanks in the brushed no coat finish
-Pelican cases and lights
-Solus and salvo lights in fact a good selection of all brands of canister lights would be the coolest.
-100% O2 clean regs and reg components like first stages and second stages sold separately
-wider selection of reels and spools and line to refill spools
-100% O2 clean tanks and tank valve components for rebuilding tank valves
-uwatec oms bottom timers
-scooters and scooter accessories by the big brands like X sccoter, hollis, Farallon, silent submersion, etc.
-online gear rental service.
-cheaper dry suit gloves

I know there is more and I could have been far more specific but I would hope some others could chime in on this.

Please don’t let this seem like I am bashing any of the online places because I have had good service from every online place I ordered from and I hope scubatoys and leisure pro and all the other dealers keep up the good work and only take this as advice as to what consumers are looking for. I mean no offense with any of this.

Traditional rubber full-foot fins and oval masks. They are still manufactured in the USA, Mexico, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, China, Taiwan, Japan and Malaysia. Here in the UK, such equipment is no longer produced and there is a very limited choice of imported rubber fins and masks, available only from swimming gear retailers, not from dive stores.

You may want to add these guys to your list of places to get stuff. TECHDIVINGLIMITED.COM

I think you can order Halcyon stuff from Extreme Exposures.

One thing I've had trouble finding is replacement corrugated hoses for inflators.

I wish I could buy colored Jet fins in the States, too.

Oxycheq carries Solus lights. Salvo sells direct. Wreckdiversupply has given me good service and carries Halcyon and DUI.

Dan Humble at Dive Tech has just about everything you can think of, and most of it is in stock.
He will ship to anywhere within a couple of days. He is the owner of Scubapro also.

Dive Tech Training Centre - Home Page

One reason its sometimes hard to find some items is that we like to have online, what we have in stock. Because its hard to stock every item and little piece of equipment a manufacturer carries, its not always on the site.

Thanks for the feedback, Im sure others are reading this as well.....I will work on gettin some of the smaller things on the site as well....I know for my shop, time is a limiting factor. I only have 3 people that work in the shop....and of those Im the only one that can add to the online store(other girl moved back to Utah) so with running the store, and the online store(sorry for excuses but :wink: ) it gets a little difficult to stay up on every item and new item.....Manu. are always changing prices and oh the headaches........Ok...like I said no excuses, so I will stop.....

My oath to you :D To try and get alot more stuff online for Tech, rec, snorkelers, etc :D

BUT PLEASE.....dont be afraid to email, call, throw a rock to ask for anything you dont see...We can get almost anything your looking for, but not all of us having unlimited resources to spend for the online(trust me I wish we did) but we would love to work for you, so let us know what you need and let us go to work for you...and as we grow as a store and can put more into the advertising, products, employees, you will see that we will be able to offer alot more.......

28million a year that some make is incredible in online sales and they should be offering everything possible(yes, thats scuba sales).....So dont forget about us little guys that still work hard for you and even a $10 sale means alot :wink:

Mike

Oxycheq carries Solus lights. Salvo sells direct. Wreckdiversupply has given me good service and carries Halcyon and DUI.

Oxycheq does not do online sales directly, you must contact a dealer.

Oxycheq does not do online sales directly, you must contact a dealer.

They used to. I bought my analyzer directly from them.

Back
Top Bottom