What happened at Dutch 9-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sean326

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried to dive dutch on Sunday the 19th.....
They turned me away at the gate saying that it was wrecked in the storm the gate guy said anchors were moved docks were screwed up etc. He also said they are not sure how long they would be closed

I can't imagine that much damage in a quarry from just a heavy rain, I mean it's not out in the ocean??

Anyone know what really happened

I heard they were closed over the weekend becuase of bad flooding in the area - but nothing about them being closed after that - did you try calling ?

sealkie:
I heard they were closed over the weekend becuase of bad flooding in the area - but nothing about them being closed after that - did you try calling ?

You guys think it will have any impact on this coming weekend?

That would suck! I did see some pretty bad flooding a few miles from Dutch. I guess if the water rose enough those anchors for the water park could move?

grunzster:
That would suck! I did see some pretty bad flooding a few miles from Dutch. I guess if the water rose enough those anchors for the water park could move?

I know the Neversink in front of my girlfriend's house flooded really bad... There was waist deep water in people's lawns.

Really - rather than guessing - if you plan to go out there this weekend I`d give them a call

maybe you guys can find a spot over 100' deep.

XJae:
maybe you guys can find a spot over 100' deep.
Is all that digging really worth getting to 100' at Dutch...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom