What happened to the Manatee trip thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis,
you're a real curmudgeon aren't you.

RavenC,
Devil's Den was a cool dive. Since all the big springs charge $25-30 the cost is expected and you can stay all day if you want... There's nothing like surfacing at DD and laying back staring up the "chimney" with the steam rising. Lovely.

Yeah DD is and ambiance thing. LOL

Genesis, we'll pick another place just for you. :D R

It was a nice dive. The bad thing was that it was totally silted up. The guy that runs the place said that they had been busy the entire weekend. It reminded me a lot of Texas diving. LOL

Into the cavern/cave, all we could see of each other was a pinpoint of light from our dive lights. It was totally black, and the silt just absorbed all of the light from our dive lights.

There's some nice fossils to look at (if you get close enough). I thought it was a bit pricey, but all of the springs in FL are like that. I would be happy to dive there again, but hopefully on a day where the viz is better.

When the water starts to warm up we'll have to have you folks up/down/over here for a nice day of boat diving. Gig can handle a LOT of people if we're reasonable about it.....

inter_alia:
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum

ok... my old latin is very rusty, but it's something like

those who have nads have hearts and brains?

could you give me the right translation? thanks!!

victoriawtx:
Into the cavern/cave, all we could see of each other was a pinpoint of light from our dive lights. It was totally black, and the silt just absorbed all of the light from our dive lights.

You're scaring me....

:dropmouth

divebomb:
victoriawtx:

You're scaring me....

:dropmouth

yeah, paradise can get really silty if people don't watch their fin wash.

i try to get there first thing in the morning so i can catch the spring
at its purest and clearest. oh my. what a beautiful sight it is.

H2Andy:
ok... my old latin is very rusty, but it's something like those who have nads have hearts and brains?
could you give me the right translation? thanks!!

Wellllll, it's loosely translated as: "if you have their attention, their hearts and minds will follow."

laugh... excellent...

Back
Top Bottom