What have you been entangled in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue. I was workin' for a while on a fishin' boat right outside of Delacroix and I got tangled up in blue. ♪♪

Many years ago I was diving a lake in zero visibility when I bumped into a submerged tree and got tangled in the branches trying to extricate myself. I hit the tree trunk with my head so hard that I almost knocked myself out!

I learned in cave training to keep a hand out in front of me!

Kelp

Fishing line

String

Rope

Barbed wire

55 gallon drum (It IS possible- I've done it)

Weeds

Net

Let's see... I think the scariest thing I've been caught up on was a wreck during my open water cert dives:shocked2: 16 years ago. Made me a bit nervous, but after a minute, I calmed down and got myself out of there. Now, wrecks are my favorite:D

Let's see... I think the scariest thing I've been caught up on was a wreck during my open water cert dives:shocked2: 16 years ago. Made me a bit nervous, but after a minute, I calmed down and got myself out of there. Now, wrecks are my favorite:D
Hope that was on the outside of the wreck.
Seeing as we are in Basic Scuba forum, need to point out that going inside a wreck is very dangerous unless you have the proper training to do so.

Hope that was on the outside of the wreck.
Seeing as we are in Basic Scuba forum, need to point out that going inside a wreck is very dangerous unless you have the proper training to do so.

Nope, it was actually inside. My dumb@$$ decided to have a look inside. Bad idea:no: Now, with the training I've had, I've seen what I did wrong, and boy, it was a lot!!! Don't be like me, DO NOT penetrate wrecks, even small ones, without the proper training!! Take the courses, it's fun and will give you the tools to explore wrecks safely:)

All of my life-threatening entanglements as a dive instructor happened well after the day's diving was done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom