What have you been entangled in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was looking for my camera in Lake Lanier (doing a square search pattern) I kept getting tangled in a line that was supposed to run along the bottom but someone or something had cut it. I finally ended up gathering it up and stuffing it under a buoy weight to get it out of the way.

Also in the diver buoy line once in a while, mostly on the fin buckles...

Nothing sorry not that common where I dive.

Well, I wish I were entangled in the arms of a lovely mermaid...

About five days ago I went on a dive to see how deep the lake is, As I came up from 130 feet deep, About 90 feet deep I found a crawdad trip, It had a line on it and nothing was connected on the other end of the line, So I pick up the trip and came up, Than I was getting entangled with the line so I had to drop the trip, And it was dragging on the bottom behind me, time I got to 30 feet deep, I took my knife and had to cut myself out of the line, And found it was entangled around my deco tank.

Never had a major entanglement although I have occasionally snagged a fin strap on a distance line.

I'm on this year's NOAA Marine Debris Crew and as part of the training, they stuff aluminum foil into your mask then take you down to play with the "net monster." Basically, an instructor wraps you up in an enormous fishing net, tying it around just about every valve and hose you're wearing (including the second pony bottle we are required to wear), then taps you on the forehead three times to signal that its time to start working yourself out of it.

Umm ... my first marriage .... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom