What have you done to make that dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've worked overtime, worked on my day off, had a yard sale, put part of it on my credit card, was willing to quit my job if I didn't get the requested time off, and flew halfway around the world to dive in Fiji.

I lost a Jetfin during a rough entry at a rocky point. Since I was already wet, I made the dive with one fin.

I went on a dive with a DM who did that. Another member of the group lost a fin to some kelp, he offered both of his in exchange for her remaining fin. He seemed quite pleased with himself afterwards -- said he'd dived that site countless times, but never before with only one fin.

I walked into a dive shop for an air fill when I was a college student after diving a lake early in the morning.

"Do you want to go to the Bahamas for 8 days/7 nights this Thursday?" the owner asked.

"Yeah, I wish! How much?"

"Free. One of the senators we certified can't use his ticket. He told me to give it to the first person that walked through the door. That's you. Air, hotel, lodging, diving all paid for. You need to buy your meals."

"DEFINITELY!"

No one would ever believe how cool that trip turned out to be. Traveling with our elected officials and some dancers had its rewards.

I walked into a dive shop for an air fill when I was a college student after diving a lake early in the morning.

"Do you want to go to the Bahamas for 8 days/7 nights this Thursday?" the owner asked.

"Yeah, I wish! How much?"

"Free. One of the senators we certified can't use his ticket. He told me to give it to the first person that walked through the door. That's you. Air, hotel, lodging, diving all paid for. You need to buy your meals."

"DEFINITELY!"

No one would ever believe how cool that trip turned out to be. Traveling with our elected officials and some dancers had its rewards.

Everyone else is telling stories about how much they suffered just to make a dive, you tell us about how you did nothing to get a free trip to the Bahamas for eight days. That's just insensitive :)

Everyone else is telling stories about how much they suffered just to make a dive, you tell us about how you did nothing to get a free trip to the Bahamas for eight days. That's just insensitive :)

No, that was just rude. Insensitive would be to tell you about two dancers!

All three of us dated. One broke my heart. The other fixed it.

I shmoozed up to my wife for 6 months convincing her how the swimming and sunbathing was actually BETTER at the best dive spots not anywhere else

I haven't sold any children . . . but I've done a dive in my Crocs, when I forgot my boots. I've done a dive on my buddy's computer (gasp!) when I forgot mine. I've dived with a friend's 3 mil wet gloves, when my dry gloves failed to make the box. I've taken a regulator apart on the dining table of the dive boat, and I've dived with an inch-long hole in the back of my not-exactly-dry suit, when a fall tore it. The drive to make the dive is a powerful one!

I traded my birthday party with my closest friends to get my new dive computer and a dive trip for 3 days. Didn't feel bad at all. But in order for me to do that my husband ordered me not to shop AT ALL two months before my birthday.

When you say "dancers," Trace, is it "ballet" or "pole"? Nevermind--since senators were involved, I think "pole" is a pretty safe assumption. :D

Did a shore dive when I first arrived in Saudi in 1986 wearing only soft neoprene bootees and boat fins, almost took me 20 mins to walk 100M before I made it to the reef edge and the same time to get back, but it was really worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom