What have you done to make that dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I traded my birthday party with my closest friends to get my new dive computer and a dive trip for 3 days. Didn't feel bad at all. But in order for me to do that my husband ordered me not to shop AT ALL two months before my birthday.

Which reminds me of my girlfriend's birthday! Rather than take a trip we had planned, she decided that she wanted all of her closest friends together for an old-fashioned birthday party.

It was a perfect day and the water was calling. I had given her the option of diving early in the morning together, but she decided her bed was too cozy. Finally, I just HAD to go scuba diving - even though she wanted me there to greet and celebrate her birthday with her friends.

The conversation ended with:

"Are you sure it's okay?" I asked.

"Go ahead," she said.

"Are you sure? Because if you don't want me to go, I won't."

"It's FINE."

Woosh! I was out the door. I paid for that one for months! I may still be. She hasn't been available for any holiday since before last Thanksgiving!

(Note: The dancer broke up with me at age 20 because I was too sweet and romantic. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years because I no longer am. I told her the other night how much she meant to me and how lucky I am to have her - especially since she's a loyal partner who has my back and she's a great diver. She looked at me. Her eyes narrowed and she suspiciously asked, "What did you do?" Nothing. She said, "You never say things like that." I said, "That's why I said it." Took a while, but I think she finally believed me.)

Reactions: Jax
As a Department chair, it was mandatory that I attend a two day conference at the beginning of the school year. I was responsible for all new teachers to the country coming into my grade level..... Whatever. I told the school superintendant that I was going to be in Egypt for those days. He said that I would be replaced if I was not there. I reminded him that I had sorted out his wife's dive issues, thus allowing all his vacations to be dive vacations......... and I was diving in Hurghada those days. He took my place for those days and I brought his wife a t-shirt.

Last edited:
Which reminds me of my girlfriend's birthday! Rather than take a trip we had planned, she decided that she wanted all of her closest friends together for an old-fashioned birthday party.

It was a perfect day and the water was calling. I had given her the option of diving early in the morning together, but she decided her bed was too cozy. Finally, I just HAD to go scuba diving - even though she wanted me there to greet and celebrate her birthday with her friends.

"Go ahead," she said.

"It's FINE."

Woosh! I was out the door. I paid for that one for months! I may still be. She hasn't been available for any holiday since before last Thanksgiving!

(Note: The dancer broke up with me at age 20 because I was too sweet and romantic. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years because I no longer am. I told her the other night how much she meant to me and how lucky I am to have her - especially since she's a loyal partner who has my back and she's a great diver. She looked at me. Her eyes narrowed and she suspiciously asked, "What did you do?" Nothing. She said, "You never say things like that." I said, "That's why I said it." Took a while, but I think she finally believed me.)

Ha ha ha

Men will will always be in Sh!t with our partners, the only variable is the depth :depressed:

Brave man going diving early on your gf's birthday

"Go ahead," she said.

"It's FINE."

Well ... to use terms a scuba instructor can understand ... she threw a failure at you and you didn't even recognize that you were in trouble, much less take action to fix the problem ... you're lucky you survived ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well ... to use terms a scuba instructor can understand ... she threw a failure at you and you didn't even recognize that you were in trouble, much less take action to fix the problem ... you're lucky you survived ...

Good one, Bob! All men should recognize the danger present in the word "fine". If you're a man, and you don't, go watch Pretty Woman . . .

Not a vacation dive, but for one of my first classes I forgot my drysuit so i borrowed a 3mil shorty from another instructor who was at the lake with another class and dove that in 50* water so the class could continue.

I went home and made a gear checklist as soon as some color returned and I could move my fingers again.

Good one, Bob! All men should recognize the danger present in the word "fine". If you're a man, and you don't, go watch Pretty Woman . . .

... or get married ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not a vacation dive, but for one of my first classes I forgot my drysuit so i borrowed a 3mil shorty from another instructor who was at the lake with another class and dove that in 50* water so the class could continue.

I went home and made a gear checklist as soon as some color returned and I could move my fingers again.

... hopefully it wasn't the dive shown in your avatar ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I told her the other night how much she meant to me and how lucky I am to have her

If you really care about her don't tell her stuff like this again. She will think you are being sweet and romantic and break up with you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom