What hoseless, air integrated wrist mount computer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic Atom – no problem reading the thing and wear trifocals dry.

Started with a Cochran Gemini (with independant wrist unit) - had various issues with it and eventually returned to Cochran and was given a full refund - was extremely impressed with Cochran's customer service.

Used to have an early model Atom (r2C) - had the firmware upgraded but it still suffered from a battery drain problem so I eventually sold it. Very easy to use but reliability was also a concern (had two units "died" underwater).

Sorry I forgot to add that is you dive with a buddy using another Oceanic air integrated, wireless computer, the buddy check feature is pretty cool! It allows you to check your buddy's pressure without having to say anything... Just letting you know!

I have Atom 2 and got an extra sensor for wifey. Seamless integration and I can check her whenever I wish. The computer also works well as a destination top side watch as the size is small and it has dual time and alarm (never trust hotel wake up calls for important dives).

Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread

Question for D-9 owners: Any problems? There was a thread around here a while back that really blasted Suunto in general....-->

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co.../195116-beware-suunto-computers-d9-vytec.html

I was wondering if any of you D-9 owners had similar experiences.

Also, where did you purchase your D-9's? LDS, Internet other?

Thanks

That thread mainly dealt with issues with Suunto products in Asian markets...I've owned a Vyper and a Vytec in the past and my current D9 for more than 2 years with no issues. It's a fantastic recreational computer and I use it as an everyday watch often.

Cheers.

-J.-

Uwatec Smart Z, I absolutely love it. No problems seeing the number. I would have a Galileo Sol if I had the $$.

I think hoseless is a bad idea, another battery powered thing that can quit or fail. KISS
While I've made many more more dives with SPGs, I've also had three SPGs fail in a "troublesome" way over the years (and countless clearly wrong readings) but I've never had a hoseless air integrated computer (HAIC?) quit or fail.

I think hoseless is a bad idea, another battery powered thing that can quit or fail. KISS

Diving without gills is a bad idea. I don't think most of us are ready to quit.
Different pieces of equipment present different failure risks. Knowing the risks involved allows us to mitigate the risks. That said saying all hoseless computers are prone to failure because they have a battery is going too far. I could easily take that opinion and twist it to something even more rediculous. Because all dive lights use batteries the inherent risk of failure of lights is so great that all night diving should be reserved for emergencies only and should not be undertaken by recreational divers.

The fact is that each piece of equipment we use for our sport should be evaluated based on it's individual engineering. Some manufacturers are better than others and some products are also better than others.

I use 2 Oceanic dive computers. A VT3 and an Atom I like them both and have yet to experience a failure.

Back
Top Bottom