What hoseless, air integrated wrist mount computer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving without gills is a bad idea. I don't think most of us are ready to quit.
Different pieces of equipment present different failure risks. Knowing the risks involved allows us to mitigate the risks. That said saying all hoseless computers are prone to failure because they have a battery is going too far. I could easily take that opinion and twist it to something even more rediculous. Because all dive lights use batteries the inherent risk of failure of lights is so great that all night diving should be reserved for emergencies only and should not be undertaken by recreational divers.

The fact is that each piece of equipment we use for our sport should be evaluated based on it's individual engineering. Some manufacturers are better than others and some products are also better than others.

I use 2 Oceanic dive computers. A VT3 and an Atom I like them both and have yet to experience a failure.
Its one of those things that someone's instructor's instructor's instructor once muttered under his breath that is now passed down as gospel. I'm sure that the manufacturer's ardently wish that everyone who has an opinion on the subject had gone out and bought one to try.

I would point out that a computer is not a life support device.

If I hit the water and the comp aint working I don't abort the dive (rec limits). I have a spg tucked away on a bolt snap and depth on my watch with tables on my watch band.

No Worries, this thread is exactly what I am trying to discover. The good, bad, and ugly of these computers. Like most of us, I bust my butt to get the funds to support this hobby. I want to purchase the best item my limited money can buy. So to you I say thanks for taking this topic to the next level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom