What hoseless, air integrated wrist mount computer do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the D9. If you're presbyopic, reading it might be an issue for you; I have no problem. The menus and buttons are pretty intuitive. It is far from a fashion statement (it won't fit under the cuff of a Brooks Brothers shirt, for example), but you can leave your regular watch behind when you're traveling. You will still have a usable watch that won't look ridiculous in a restaurant and you'll still have a functioning alarm clock. The electronic compass isn't great, but it is usable underwater. My navigation usually consists of "reef on my left"; I'd wear a compass if you need to do serious navigation. The pairing procedure is easy, setting O2 levels is easy and will stay at, say 32%, rather than reverting to a default value. The PC software is okay; I prefer Uwatec's. I haven't had a signal issue, and I always have camera and strobes with me.

US Divers Scan5... You can find refurbs on ebay cheap... Built like a truck.

....but the digital compass in the SOL rocks!!! I borrowed it from a friend and was very impressed. Then he used IR to get the data into his notebook... Let me tell you that’s some cool gazpacho baby!

1177873038794179497303.jpeg

Galileo Sol. Great piece of technology.

Sorry I forgot to add that is you dive with a buddy using another Oceanic air integrated, wireless computer, the buddy check feature is pretty cool! It allows you to check your buddy's pressure without having to say anything... Just letting you know!

I uses a Aeris T3 the wife an Oceanic vt3. We can buddy check each other. You can adjust the dive table to be more conservative if you feel to be on the safer side. Think it algorithm is the move aggressive for bottom time.

I currently use a Oceanic VT Pro (pre-cursor to the VT3). It serves my needs and I have no complaints whatsoever. If I were to remain in this family of computers, I'd opt for the VT3 and give my wife my VT Pro so I could keep tabs on her air as well (Buddy Air). I think this is a very nice feature.

Looking toward the future and my next computer purchase.....I've been shopping for a D-9 and drooling over them for a while. I have my eye on the one with the Titanium wrist band as an all around watch & dive computer. I think I'm going to use my George Bush money this summer to bite the bullet and get a D-9.

Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread

Question for D-9 owners: Any problems? There was a thread around here a while back that really blasted Suunto in general....-->

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co.../195116-beware-suunto-computers-d9-vytec.html

I was wondering if any of you D-9 owners had similar experiences.

Also, where did you purchase your D-9's? LDS, Internet other?

Thanks

I use a D9. It's always worked absolutely perfectly and, considering my incredibly bad eyesight, I have no problems whatsoever seeing anything on the screen.

Uwatec Aladin NitroX or whatever it's called.

Been using these for years and years with no problems at all, so never really considered changing. No problems with firing strobes - mine or other divers - either.

My wrists are so small that even the watch sized ones are too big and the shape of the Aladin is more comfortable for me.

Back
Top Bottom