What if I wanted to use 2 ---wireless--AI (air integrated) computers simultaneously, would they inte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is entirely possible that the 2 different brands of transmitters, (on 2 different/separate carrier frequencies/frequency groups) , if too close to each other (stacked on one another), could cancel/phase each other out or encounter IMD/Inter Mod Distortion. This is simply "Mother Nature", and the nature of Wireless. You would just have to try it to see if it works. Best I can tell, the Cochran transmitter operates on a different frequency than the Shearwater/Pelagic/Aqualung/Hollis/Oceanic transmitter.

I did a preliminary install last night, Perdix transmitter off right side HP port, Cochran off left side HP port, plan to wear Both wrist units on left arm, move dive watch to right wrist, bungie cord for Perdix arrived today, so hopefully I can do a dry run sometime in the next few days or so.

That statement is definitely debatable - and has been debated here numerous times. With no definitive resolution that would agree with your statement that I have seen.

Are mechanical depth gauges more reliable than electronic ones? Are mechanical watches more reliable than electronic ones?

I would bet far more divers have suffered dive computer failures than have suffered spg failures.

I would bet far more divers have suffered dive computer failures than have suffered spg failures.
I've have seen more spool failures than AI failures. Neglect breeds failure.

I've never seen anyone's spg fail, but seen plenty of failed dive computers, I've suffered a couple of my very own dive computer failures too.

I've never seen anyone's spg fail, but seen plenty of failed dive computers, I've suffered a couple of my very own dive computer failures too.
I simply can't count the times I've saved someone's dive because I carry spools (and their o-rings) in Vanessa. @Capt Jim Wyatt probably remembers how I saved one of his cavern student's dive in the basin at Ginnie. They didn't even have to get out of the water. Cavers have a zero tolerance towards any bubbles, so I've seen more than my share. To me, a spool failure is an SPG failure. No spools on an AI pressure sender.

And yet the standard backmount doubles configuration used for cave and technical wreck diving has only one SPG. Why do you suppose that is?

Sometimes "more" is not better.. It's just "MORE". For the OP's technical question.. Could it work? Sure.. But when you start to introduce splitters and things, I start to cringe. In my opinion, adding clutter and superfluous gear is not really helping you. It's also one more thing that you should maintain and check before each dive. Perhaps you are very efficient at pre-dive set-up, but this extra gear is surely not helping you.

Over the last couple years, I have seen roughly half a dozen spool o-ring failures. Between my gear, family and dive buddies. and I don't thing any of these suffered from any sort of neglect. What I find as weird, is that my first (1991) parkway spg got used, and neglected for years without any issue. Long before I was even aware of what a spool o-ring was.

I suspect something random is happening with spool O-rings in my world. It has caused me to watch very closely for the little trail of bubbles..

Sometimes "more" is not better.. It's just "MORE". For the OP's technical question.. Could it work? Sure.. But when you start to introduce splitters and things, I start to cringe. In my opinion, adding clutter and superfluous gear is not really helping you. It's also one more thing that you should maintain and check before each dive. Perhaps you are very efficient at pre-dive set-up, but this extra gear is surely not helping you.

Over the last couple years, I have seen roughly half a dozen spool o-ring failures. Between my gear, family and dive buddies. and I don't thing any of these suffered from any sort of neglect. What I find as weird, is that my first (1991) parkway spg got used, and neglected for years without any issue. Long before I was even aware of what a spool o-ring was.

I suspect something random is happening with spool O-rings in my world. It has caused me to watch very closely for the little trail of bubbles..
I had my spg spool o-ring fail with less than 50 dives and 2 years on it. I wonder if there was a bad batch of o-rings that got out there?

For the similar reason, single tank with an H valve is better because it takes two 1st stages!

...now that you mention it, I do still have about half a dozen of those really cool Beuchat Y-valves! :)

For me I guess, DIR - Doin' It Rogue!

Back
Top Bottom