What is best reg. for not getting dry mouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, no. The Magnum second stage does not have heat transfer fins.

oops. you're right. however the long fins on the mouthpiece seem to help as I have dove cold and warm and not had a dry mouth issue.

As said the presence of metal encourages some condensation to moisten the next breath. A metal body serves this purpose and internal metal fins try to emulate the effect of the metal body. Our Blizzard and Oasis second stages seem to work well but I have never used a plastic body unit other than those so I can't say how bad bad is.

A little moisture in the sump of a double hose regulator does an even better job.

Pete

I dive a Sherwood Oasis and Blizard and they do pretty well as do the metal body regulators. Got a Mares plastic regulator and it is pretty bad, it might be the MR12 from a few years ago.

Carry a Camel Back or just the bladder and have a drink from time to time, that works great for me. I tried disposible 'sport' water bottles with the bike bottle style top but you only get a couple sips and the bottle sucks in some of the water you are diving in between sips. Also tried a bike bottle with holes in it and plastic liners that just collapse when you drink, that works very well. Liner type baby bottles just don't hold enough water.

Hmmm, maybe next time I should try some runners type plastic sachets :D
Thanks for the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom