What is the coolest thing you have recovered during a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poor horsie!
I haven't found anything interesting, just masks and snorkels, weights and lights on coral reefs, (once our DM did find a full tank, BC and regulator on the bottom, had been there a while, no other divers in sight) :confused:
And at Dutch Springs, a gold earring, (ugly), half a china plate and an old bottle way out at the far end, all in the same dive. Oh, and something that freaked me out on the bottom of the Delaware River. It looked like a rotting head. I didn't get close enough to tell for sure. It could very well have been a cantelope or something. Bleargh. :eek:

wetman once bubbled...
Well, i didnt recover this but:

picture
Wetman, where was that? It looks like a cow skull, right? Hard to tell from this angle.

As far as i know that is a cuban cow. Apparently there was a full skeleton on the other side of that rock pile. It was at the bottom of a cenote about 2 miles into the cuban jungle on the other side of the road going along the Bay of Pigs. (now you know exactly where to find it.... :) )

That was about 130ish feet at the bottom there - right under this spire of sunlight that came straight down to the bottom. It was one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. The lighting on the skull was provided by a dive light, but the ambient light you see around the skull was the actuall color of the rocks as lit by the sun.

steve

I do not know if it is cool or not. It sure made me think. I found a dive slate on the bottom of a cold dark lake, about 100 feet.

When I checked it out on the surface it had one word on it, "Dizzy".

I have decided to leave it that way as a reminder.

A forty foot Scaraab ( race boat ), the scariest thing was a manequin ( lady torso ), other than that a down rigger with weights-fishing pole, also plenty of anchors and lures :eek:

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

Raviepoo. I believe that it isn't a joke. I won't comment too much further on that, because it would be too personal. Let's just say that the voice of experience on that front sits right here and I don't like to think about life B.D. (Before Diving).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom