What is the coolest thing you have recovered during a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't actually FIND it. People put this stuff there on purpose. But there is a toilet and a Buddah chained to the wall at the grotto.

After being first cirtified in Okinawa Japan, site of one of the big battles of WWII, we used to find bomb craters around the landing sites of the invation. We found many, many live artilary rounds laying in the water. Tons of spent shells and lead bullets.

Found a nice sharks tooth off the cost of Florida.

Diving on some of the Civil War wrecks off the SC cost I've found brass parts off guns, brass deck railing mounts and piles of shot, most likely used for balast.

But the most interesting thing was a fully decorated Christmas tree weighted and sunk. It was tied to several cinder blocks so it was flooting a few feet off the bottom and from a distance through the merkey water of the lake it looked kind of freaky, like something was looming just in front of us.

Nothing of real value.

Scott

A girlfriend !!! LOL..

Went down as a group of people who don't know each other and came up with a Girlfriend for the rest of my sophomore year in University!!!

coolest thing I have recovered, but it definately caused a lot of interest among us divers. LOL

While diving in a local river about a week ago, I found a really LARGE white lace bra. In mint condition, entangled in some weeds.

?????????

:wink:

A Rolex watch.........................although I was paid to look for it in the marina :)

WOW, a girlfriend and a bra. Now things are starting toget interesting. :wacko:

Scott

I found a quarter during my first pool session 13 years ago. Since then, I have found a cool Green Bottle (Dating probably to the late 1800's) and I found a Timex Ironman on a wreck. Hey it took a licking and kept on ticking, I actually still wear it.

Dale

I won't go into further specifications. :wink: LOL

jiveturkey once bubbled...
davehicks once bubbled...
Yes, the Amazing Spiderman. In Tacoma Washington at 70 feet. I dropped down and this was the very first thing I saw.

Picture attached!

The link doesn't work. Try it again. I gotta see that photo.

Ok, updated the link. Enjoy.

Spiderman Photo

http://home.mindspring.com/~davehicks/Spiderman.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom