what is this clip on the bc called?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko:
i checked both REI and EMS (eastern mtn sports) they had the same looking buckles, but none that fits exactly.. the guy said i have a "streamlined" type buckle..they also dont know what other stores carry em besides themselves.. umm.. i was gonna check out the pedaler.. but i dont know the exact name and size of the darn thing!! i could actually buy a new set of buckles but that would mean unsewing the female end connected to the bc, and resewing it back on with the new buckle.. wtfffffffffff there has to be a solution! i was thinking maybe use a D-ring (or circle ring steel thing) onto the loop fabric (so i wouldnt have to unsew it) then use some other type of hook to hook it on.. umm..if anyone understands what i just said.. good.. if not.. then its hopelesssssssssssss ;-0

Right...best solution is go to your local Scubapro dealer...Scubapro will supply what you need...That said, what I would do is get rid of the fastex/quick-release buckle altogether and replace it with a standard SS clamp buckle (such as you can buy at Dive Rite Express or in any dive shop--commonly found on weight belts)...one of those fastex clips was on my old Scubapro Classic and I found it very difficult to get a firm tight lock on my waist belt--it seemed to be just some security on top of the Velcro cummerbund...if you can, dump the cummerbund and go with a standard clamp buckle--if you need to, replace the waist-belt webbing--this solution probably wouldn't cost you much more than your LDS might charge you for the male fastex clip (though if you bought the BCD at that shop, they might replace the fastex clip for you for free).

Its made my fastex, called the load warrior and the proper trade name is a side release buckle. I agree, go to your dealer and they can order the correct part, lot faster, easier and cheaper than running around town all day burning gas for a part you probably won't find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom