what is this thing that came with my PT-010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agape

Contributor
Reaction score
I havn't figured out what this thing is that came with my PT-010. Can anyone fill me in?
pt-010-accessory.jpg

I don't think I got one of those with mine. Hope its nothing too important.

I don't own a PT-10, but could this be a flash reflector? Many external strobes use a sensor that triggers off of the built-in strobe. The reflector will block the built-in strobe's light from reaching the subject and instead reflects it to the external strobe's sensor. See if the part fits over the front of the housing and if the metal part covers the built-in strobe. HTH.

-Roman.

hmm ok that's what someone else thought it might be but wasn't sure either. I'll check it out when I get home and see if it fits.

HI,

That's actually the shim adapter for the C2020. The C2020 is shorter than the rest of the C series and thus require an adapter to line up the controls correctly.

C2020A.JPG

I was trying to type in the answer, but I wasn't quick enough. 200 points for the man at UWDigital.

Wreck Ranger

I guess i can just toss it then? Since I don't have a 2020. Can't think of any reason I'd need it. or send it back for a discount? :wink:

post back so I can send mine back too. Maybe Allen with trade us out for an extra O-ring

Wreck Ranger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom