What is your dream dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a virgin wreck would be nice but anyone who steals the atifacts in my eyes are evil and scuba and ocean karma will catch you

Mirage,

I agree with you 100%. In no way in my post did I intend to imply that I'd want to take any artifacts off a virgin wreck for my private use or to gain wealth. Even if you tried that up here, the Michigan Historic Preservation Office would hunt you down with no mercy. However, the recognition in finding these remains of that famous wreck would more than adequate.

Drifting along somewhere way off the beaten path between Singapore, PNG and southern Philipines (on my private 110' double masted yatch, more about that and the crew later) and photographing a new species, or a species thought to be extinct... only one of many dream dives... of course I don't own a camera, let alone a yatch.

My dream dive would have to be off the coast of either Australia or Africa...for a great white encounter.

It just occured to me that some of us may get that chance to do our dream diving vacation and do our dream dives... and end up getting dissappointed. I mean, the underwater world is so unpredictable.

For people who loves the corals, assuming they went to destinations and were not lied on, corals should be fantastic.

For lovers of other aquatic animals, like sharks, mantas, is there a guarantee on any dive site?

A friend went to the Micronesia, Yap Island and booked 8 dives during the manta season. She did it it one of the lasrger dive center there. She did see a manta on the 8th and last dive.

Some of the dive operators there are making guarantees... I heard.

Mirage,

Don't you think that " scuba and ocean karma will catch you " for evil thinking? Just kiding but in reality I fully share your opinion and concern and therefore I would like to propose a new discussion about the legal and ethical aspects of wreck diving in your countries.
Starting with my country - Latvia - It appears that some people I have been in contact with ( who been diving to the wrecks already for many years and know coordinates) actually are demolishing wrecks - hunting for the color metal and items they could sell. On one occasion we dived to the wreck and discovered that some parts of it where fresh cut by autogenous ( that you know needs serious preparation).
Unfortunately until this day diving on wrecks is not much restricted and controlled by legislation which allows people to behave under water like savages. We do not have any official institution, which could somehow organize and control the issues related to underwater archeology.
I am going to post this as a new tread in general scuba forum.
I and I think I am not the only one would be very much interested to see how these issues are regulated and what do you all think about it!
Normunds

My dream dive would have to be anywhere I could start everyday diving and end everyday diving.

But until that happens (and no time soon unless Arizona becomes ocean front property), I would settle for Fiji.

Beth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom