What is your Favorite Dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far Santa Rosa Wall in Cozumel.
Antilla in Aruba.
Manta cleaning station in Maui.

UT Matt has definitely gotta get out more !:wink:

I think I would have to agree with Sharktrap. I truely enjoy the YDT-14. There is so much cool stuff to explore on that site. During the summer the amount of life on it is just very impressive, matter-o-fact there was alot of life on it when we went earlier this month. It is a site that if you live here I believe it is a must see, it is that impressive of a site. For me the Mighty "O" is a cool site due to the impressive size, but some of the superstructure is deeper which cuts down on your total NDL time. The YDT-14 sits shallow enough to be able to crawl all over it and still have plenty of dive time to enjoy it. In fact my average depth on the YDT-14 last time was about 75 fsw. I dipped below that a couple times to get a closer look of certain things but that depth allowed me to see everything and hover over the entire structure from stern to bow. In contrast that depth would only allow me to hover around the very top of the "O."

So far Santa Rosa Wall in Cozumel.
Antilla in Aruba.
Manta cleaning station in Maui.

UT Matt has definitely gotta get out more !:wink:

Get out more? Ive been a bunch of places: Cozumel (going again in a couple of weeks), Morrison, Ginnie, Key Largo, Bahamas Liveaboard, and several other places in between.

The question wasn't the nicest place I've been, but rather my favorite.

I'm with some of the others, I don't have a #1 favorite but I do have different sites I like.

I like wrecks, Prince Albert in Roatan - MV Captain Keith Tibbetts, Cayman Brac.

The cavern/cave at vortex is pretty cool. Since I have nothing to compare it to - yet.

I am sure I'll have some more to add to this list come April when we go to Bonaire.

One of the most memorable was diving in Maui and hearing the humpback whales 'singing'. Had no idea where they were but just listening to them was incredible...

In this area, I like:
Russian Freighter - just for sight seeing. Some of my earliest dives were there, and I guess that is why it is a special spot.
Alabama pyramids - great for spearing.
Cozumel - I haven't travelled and dove a lot, but the coral and clarity there is awesome.

Wreck of the Rhone in the BVI

It is always the last dive I was on. It stays on my mind until I get to go again. I have never been on a dive I didn't like. Even in poor vis or bad conditions, I feel like I can learn something to take with me and make me a better diver for the next time :)

It is always the last dive I was on. It stays on my mind until I get to go again. I have never been on a dive I didn't like. Even in poor vis or bad conditions, I feel like I can learn something to take with me and make me a better diver for the next time :)

Denise,

Do I have to pay you for the publicity, or was that a freebie? :wink1:

Back
Top Bottom