What is your favorite site in Key Largo/Islamorada area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam, great minds think alike :D
Can't wait to dive with you again.
Heard the DNY hosted ITTI was continuous laugh-fest.

Oh, I forgot to add the Aquarium, Snapper ledge, Dry rocks. Like I said soooo many great sites to see.

Yep, add those to what I posted.

Dang, Elena, you are my official spokesperson for Key Largo diving, so if Elena posts it, that means I'm posting it too....:rofl3:

Looking forward to diving with you again!

The deep, deep walls on French and Molassis Reefs are by far my favorite. They rarely see divers as most people hit the deep wrecks, then come in to the shallow sites so these deeper dives are often overlooked. French drops off to around a hundred feet, and there I have seen GGs, reefies, Eagle Rays, Bulls, tons of turtles a sail fish, and the bluest water ever in the Atlantic.

Some day book a small op like the SS Minnow and drift one of these walls as the big shops dont do these sites very often.

Not only in that area, but my all time favorite dive site is the Eagle.

How many dives on that one Walter??? (have you been down since we were on it last November?)

Let's see....

Benwood
Molasses Reef
Eagle
Duane
Aquarium
Pickles Reef

Hoping to add the Speigel Grove to that list on Oct 31st. (unless I can get another dive on it earlier)

SG, Duane, Benwood, Molassas reef and Brody's

I like the Grove, Duane and Eagle, but I like the Bibb a lot, and it is rarely dived these days, which is a real shame, as it is a cracking wreck. Most go for the Duane, as it is upright and that makes orientation easier, but the Bibb is on its side, in deeper water, and makes a fab wreck dive.

Mark

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom