What is your Recommended online US Scuba Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one with the best price!:D

Piranha Dive, Leisure Pro, Dive Gear Express, Scuba Toys, Dive Right in Scuba, and so on... I have had to wait for a couple of shops I haven't mentioned to deliver, however they came through in the end.

Bob
-----------------------------------
I swear its not hoarding dear, I'm just keeping an adequate stock of equipment and parts. It's life support, you know.

Used dris a lot, good service and always willing to answer whatever questions one may have.

DiveRight in Scuba has been great to me
CaveAdventurers has been great to me
Northeast Scuba Supply has been great to me

Piranha and Dive Gear Express are usually cheaper for some of the small hardware parts and what not, but when I need stuff I usually call in the order above.

Now folks are seeing why they need to support their LDS. Where do we get fills if there are no shops around. I'm sure a solution will pop up but I believe this situation is limiting the numbers of new divers as well, perhaps a problem for all of us.

Buy a compressor, a booster, and have your local gas supplier drop off a couple Ts of O2 and HE. Problem solved.

compressor is problem solved or buddy with compressor etc. Dive shops should realistically only be located near dive sites. Lack of new divers is usually a good thing because it keeps all of the MUPPETS who don't have any business being in the water from ever getting certified. I.e., Greenville SC, great city, terrible dive shop, closest place to dive is an hour away. Raleigh, closest place to dive is about half an hour away and there are 6 dive shops in Raleigh, wtf. No point, they should consolidate to maybe 2 or 3, and call it good. Keeps everyone happy and everyones business is better.

I won't give most of the LDS's business because they don't provide any useful service to warrant it. Their prices are consistently higher than the shops mentioned above, air fills are ridiculous, and every time I go in there they are trying to push me into classes, I understand they have a business to run, but when there are 6 shops for a ltd number of divers it gets really irritating so I stopped going in there altogether.

I tend to spread it around though I usually price compare and go with the best deal that has no shipping.

DiveRightInScuba
DiveGearExpress
LeisurePro
DiveAddicts
CaveCountryDiving

Probably a couple more, but the top 3 are my go to for online. I still do shop at my LDS as well and with a 20% DM discount, sometimes it is the best price. And besides that, I like hanging out there.

Scubatoys is an LDS - in Dallas.
Divers Direct has both 5 or 6 stores in South Florida. Stop Into One Of Our Florida Dive Shops For Great Deals On Top Brand Name SCUBA Gear | Divers Direct
Dive Right In Scuba is an LDS in Illinois. Dive Right in Scuba Illinois - one of the largest Scuba Dive Shops in the Midwest

So by supporting them we're actually helping local divers have a place to get fills right?

We've lost about 1/2 dozen shops locally in the past 3-5 years also. The one that's doing really well? They started matching Internet prices almost from the very beginning. One that didn't - shut the doors about 2 years ago. After 35+ years in the same location.

Back
Top Bottom