What kind of Scooter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with a seadoo VS, it has metal gears from my understanding, it's a 2 speed, I use it on every dive, including ice dives at times. It's light, cheap, easy to fix and does what it's supposed to do, is it super fast ??? no, but I am not in a hurry, I like to look around and see the scenery ! Who cares if you can go 10 mph when you miss all the sights ???

I LOVE THE FACT IT LETS ME HAVE MORE BOTTOM TIME SINCE I USE A L O T LESS AIR !!!!!!

I have about 100+ dives on the seadoo since I got it, no probs cept when I broke a switch when it was in the truck, a tank got tossed onto it.. doh... cheap fit, 30.00 in parts for a whole handle w/triggers... it was down a week, whoopdedoo...

The clone of the seadoo made by dakar is the same unit. cheaper, ebay price under 200. Mine came w/spare battery, still unused BTW.

So for a few bucks, I get more bottom time, use less air, and enjoy the dive.

Is it an apollo ??? does it compare ??? NO.... but I dont NEED one of those. I think sometimes people try to justify spending obscene amounts of money on something by talking it up. Are they good units, certainly, do they have a purpose in diving YES !!! are they for everyone ??? NO.

I'm happy with what I got.

J

I've owned and dove an Oceanic Mako for years and love it. Good run times, good power and good to 180 feet. And it's for sale. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just ready for a deeper diving unit. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom